anybody know where the stagecoach stops were

bula

Mar 13, 2008
southern utah
Detector(s) used
White MXT
Anybody out there know where there were any stage stops besides Milts, in southern Utah. I have been looking for a few old sites to work, even though most have been worked over in this area. The only one that I can find that is documented is Pages Ranch but it is off limits. I know there were not many in this area but there has to be a few camps on the trails around here.

Jagdpanther

Jun 22, 2005
The Edge
You might want to do some research on Utah's Cotton Mission. Some other good sources for info on early settlements in Utah is "Some Dreams Die" by George A. Thompson, "Utah Ghost Rails" by Stephen L. Carr.

HH

kane23

Mar 29, 2007
Utah
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Ace 350.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bula,
desert springs near modena, Sulfur spring near lund, read "throw down the box" by george thompson..Kane23

cptbild

Oct 3, 2005
NM/AZ/CA/Co/Utah & P.I. Tx.
Place a phone call to The Wells Fargo Museum in S.F. CA
Ask for the map of The Wells Fargo Routes, in whatever State that you are interested in
They have reproduction's of the original maps for a few dollars

rjwmam

Jul 4, 2008
Salt Lake City
I would have to second the book, 'Some Dreams Die" as well. I am reading it now and if half the stories in it are true and if you were to have a lot of time on your hands to do some additional serious research and then get out in the field you might be able to walk away with some treasure. I am working on a couple of leads myself and will be heading to the Utah Historical Society to see if I can dig anything else up that will help me on my quest for treasure. Happy Hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread