Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 (Stock Coil)
Nokta Legend (LG30/LG24)
Minelab X-Terra Pro (Stock Coil)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can't speak of the Manticore specifically, but I've been buying Skinomi MatteSkin protectors that are sized to fit an 8" or 9" tablet and cutting the sheet to fit on whatever detector screen I want it on. I have it installed on my Nokta Legend screen. I have the Clear version on my Equinox 800. The Matte version is the best for direct sunlight use. Easy to apply.

OP
OP
H

Heavygold4me

Jan 27, 2020
South mississippi
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 , Nox 600, Excalibur II, manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks I’m going to get some and try it, it’s bad enough I have ti
o use my body to shade the screen on bright days. I never had a problem with my equinox.

RobNC

Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 (Stock Coil)
Nokta Legend (LG30/LG24)
Minelab X-Terra Pro (Stock Coil)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hope it helps you. Just take a look on Amazon and see what kind of deals they have on it. That is where I bought mine from. There is also another brand I've used with good success too- IQ Shield. And they make a matte version. Take your pick of which one to get they both are good for direct sunlight. Even the clear versions are ok. And both can be removed easily if you don't like them without doing any damage to your detector. I've yet to have bubbles in mine when the screen is thoroughly cleaned first with a lint free cloth (both brands include that), and IQ Shield also includes a little wedge tool that helps get any bubbles out during installation. With both you must let them dry for 24 hrs. After that point any micro bubbles disappear.
Great stuff for less than $15.

Jorgeke

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2021
Does anyone know of an anti glare screen protector for the manticore? Maybe it’s just me but I have a hard time seeing the screen in the sunlight.
I do experience same thing on my Nox 800, I will buy the recommended solutions. Thanks for comment about this

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread