jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If one searches long enough and hard enough, one can discover hints that just about any ancient culture you care to name set foot in the New World well before the Vikings and Columbus. Old coins, inscriptions, language concordances, and the like are taken by many as proofs that Egyptians visited Oklahoma, the Chinese moored along the Pacific coast, the Celts toured New England, and so on. Now, according to Professor V. Belfiglio, the ancient Romans had Texas on their itineraries.

Belfiglio's evidence is fourfold, and so are mainstream criticisms:

http://www.science-frontiers.com/sf090/sf090a02.htm

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh great one more reason for them to tighten the noose on metal detecting here.

The Indian tribes along the coast were over 6ft tall from what I have read, they had to come from somewhere else cause the rest were short and squat.

oldgoat

Oct 21, 2008
Actually, this is an old theory...Clive Cussler used the concept for one of his books. I would like to find something that would pin it down, but even if I did, there would be detractors....

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oldgoat said:
Actually, this is an old theory...Clive Cussler used the concept for one of his books. I would like to find something that would pin it down, but even if I did, there would be detractors....

Yep No matter what Comes out,
It will be "Proven" Fake by the so called Scholars.

They may put the area Off Limits

But still Deny, Deny, Deny

Would Still Be cool to have the Proof and know it yourself anyway.

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Great Link there actualy is a great deal of proof to europeans in America Long b-4 columbus and the vikings.

A Greatbook Is Christians B-4 columbus by Earl jones

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
....................there is a good Archeology Magazine on this topic................i believe it is called "American Archeology"..................most of the mainstream Archeologist's debunk most of what is in this magazine...................but I believe it .............a lot of the articles are very eye opening............There are stories of lost Roman ships that got caught in turbulent storms/hurricanes off the coast of Africa and never seen again!! Some believe that these ships wound up in the New World and basicly did not know how to get home!!...............Also there are stories of the White Indian Tribe(s) among the handed down stories from generation to generation among the Indians!! Where did the White Indians come from??...................Also I believe that there is a report of a Roman Colony in Arizona!! Columbus was not the first ..............only the first that was reported!!.........LIFE IS GREAT..............JOE

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Supposedly there are some Roman triremes off the coast of Brazil... Not sure if its true or not, Not sure I have heard of any Romans in Texas but theres an interesting Museum in Utah that documents a cave that had what appears to be Vikings in it.

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
And Thanks Jeff I now have another fringe topic to research on the Internet... That Round Rock bit has me interested...

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
After some Further research I have found out from a source who is knowledgeable on this event that the coins were Planted there.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cedarratt said:
After some Further research I have found out from a source who is knowledgeable on this event that the coins were Planted there.

just curious,

was there an admissin,
or an accusation ?

hoodoodave

Jun 15, 2008
Peach springs Arizona
Detector(s) used
Grarrett ace 350
I have read several times (but cant remember where) that roman artifacts were found in the Arizona desert in the late 1800's so who knows?

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since Rome expanded all over the European area, building roads and facilities, why couldn't they have supported transoceanic exploration? Heck, there were Portuguese, Spanish, Vikings, and Norwegians coming here; why not some Eye-tallians? :dontknow:

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
What I found out was that one of the Volunteers at the dig site planted the coins.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Cedarratt wrote
What I found out was that one of the Volunteers at the dig site planted the coins.

Are you referring to the Round Rock, Texas Indian mound? There was only ONE Roman coin found, at the base of the roots of a tree that had grown on top of the mound. The Indian mound dates to 800 AD. Several internet web sites have multiplied this single find into COINS plural, but there was only one coin. What dig site are you referring to that had more than one coin? Thank you in advance,
Oroblanco

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a story about a California couple who were camping in the Anza-Borrego Desert in the late 1960s. A Mexican guy comes into their camp. They ask him to stay for talk and coffee. As the evening wore on, the talk shifted to odd things they had all seen. The Mexican guy tells them about an odd boat he had seen in a canyon to the South. This boat was sticking out of the canyon wall in the middle of the desert. When the couple laughed at his story, he pulled a faded picture out of his wallet.

The picture was of what looked like about a third of a Viking Longboat sticking out of the wall of a canyon, just like the man had described. They asked him if he could tell them where the boat was. From his description, the boat was somewhere South of the Border between Ocotillo, Ca. and the Sea of Cortez. Good Luck finding it!

Best-Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread