Abandoned Bloomfield House

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
It's off of KY 55 I think south of Bloomfield. Near the Bluegrass Parkway

Overlooking neglected pastures and hay fields, this classic-revival mansion stands outside a city whose goal in the 1990s was quite paramount: historic preservation. Unfortunately, this gem was overlooked and it stands abandoned, with furniture resting against the walls on the inside, appliances still plugged in in the kitchen and curtains that flap in the wind. It was last used in 1963.

Attachments

• bloomfield.jpg
    bloomfield.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 764

grogmug

Apr 26, 2006
Kentucky
I take it you've been to all of these houses? How did you locate them? I'm VERY interested in abandoned houses and love your pictures...great post(s)..!

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
Gypsy that place is on my wish list.I pass that house all the time.I can't ever seem to catch anyone around to ask. :( HB

bill-USA

Jun 29, 2004
Somewhere in the US and probably in motion.
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Gypsy, the last time I saw that one it was really grown up, except for the drive area.

Would love to detect it and it's only about 25 miles south west of my exit off the parkway.........

Were you actually there, or did someone shoot it for you?

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
geez, what a beautiful house, and furnished still..wonder what happened on that one..haunted maybe?? its a crying shame to let something like that be abandoned... am just curious if theres more to this story... neat neat..wish I was super rich and could buy em all up...

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
A rear addition is still in good condition, with the interior cluttered with old 1950s-era appliances, rotary telephones and papers. Little water damage is apparent on the interior.

Attachments

• bloom 1.jpg
    bloom 1.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 502
  • bloom2.jpg
    bloom2.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 467
  • bloom3.jpg
    bloom3.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 451
  • bloom4.jpg
    bloom4.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 393

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some buddy gimmie the mega lottery numbers... omg I love that house.

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe the house is haunted :-[ :o :tard: :o :-[ and the owners left in a hurry and said forget the furniture and everything lets just get out of here! :blob8:

Lookin

Feb 15, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's MXT; backup - BH Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
Other
Or maybe the owners are still there, roaming the house........ :o

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I wouldn't wander to much around this home as there have been robberys reported and there is surveillance cameras on the premises.This has been vacant since the 60's but the owner watches it pretty well and doesn't take kindly to onlookers .
This home was built in 1850 by one of the Wealthest men in Ky.This home has been passed down through the family and still remains that way.
A little story about the place,During the Civil War 2 Union Soldiers were at a Military Hospital (Camp Charity) right down the road from the home,They heard a Story of the Owners Wealth and thought they would try to make a Robbery.The only problem was and it was a terrible one,is they went to the wrong Home.The Home beside this farm stands another brick (opposite side of Bluegrass Pkwy) which is now a public winery museum.They tryed robbing this Man which didn't have much and thinking they had the right guy and being he couldn't give them anything,they killed him and returned to the Camp,which later they were caught .

I Own a Home on this same road,which was built in 1837,it once was a farm of 650 acres and it used to be a Officers Quarters during The Civil War.I have dug many of relics and Love this area.
Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread