a machine that would seperate silver coins

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
Already exists. Get a bank coin counter machine. Kicks out silver and canadian coins from whatr i hear. Don't know if it's 100% accurate or not. siegfried schlagrule

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
There is one already, and you don't have to buy one, it's called " COINSTAR!"

richm

Apr 30, 2009
Madison, CT
Detector(s) used
White's mxt Pro / Sun Ray DX / Ultimate Gray Ghost's / Lesche
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coinstar, everytime I go to "Stop and Shop" with my son, he checks out the "Coinstar" machine. More than often there is a silver coin or two in the coin return. Most people don't even look. He once found a Standing Liberty Quarter in there. It was dateless but I gave him a buck for it anyway! Rich M.

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i was thinking along the lines of a ryedale sorter. it will separate copper from zinc pennies. wish it would work for dimes quarters and halves and separate silver

bigwater

Jan 3, 2010
Detector(s) used
White's GMT
Well I asked this question in another thread, and it never got answered, so I'll ask it here again. Don't some of the metal detectors have settings that will discriminate against different types of metals? I know my GMT can be balanced to ignore certain metals. What is the downfall of balancing the detector to discriminate against anything but silver and then just wiping a whole roll at a time so that only rolls with silver in them would moan at you? I guess you'd miss the mints and the other collectibles, but if all you're after is the silver I don't see why this wouldn't work. I'm totally new to this, so I know nothing... but it seems logical to me. If I could get an explanation it'd be appreciated.

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
When I do this same thing with my Minelab Explorer XS out in a park, it (the park) quickly becomes the quietest park in the county. However for scanning a roll of coins for silver may or may not work, try picking a single thin silver dime out of a roll of clad ones. You only have two angles to check from. Top to bottom and length wise. Lengthwise, I think would be very difficult. However, I think my Sunray probe on my machine may be able to do it. I will give it a try sometime today, and will post my results to this thread later........NGE

Gaijun1

Oct 11, 2010
Morgantown Wv
I Also Use Coinstar At A Shopping Store To Separate Coins And Get New Ones With The Change
So Far I Get My Quarters At Car Wash's My Dimes At Walmart And Nickels And Pennys At Thrifyt Stores
Got Some Pretty Nice Finds This Year ;D

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why do all of you use Coinstar? The percentage they take is outrageous! A lot of credit unions have free coin counters at the branch offices. Open an account and save the 10-15% Coinstar steals from you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread