A different type of treasure.

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I found these at an Amish retail store today. Marked down to 50 cents per bag. The guy said they didnā€™t sell well.
I bought several. They warm up your tongue, even a little head sweat, but not scary hot. If you see these, and like some heat, give them a try. If JalapeƱos are your idea of hot šŸ„µ, you might want to pass.
IMG_2791.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 12

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found these at an Amish retail store today. Marked down to 50 cents per bag. The gut said they didnā€™t sell well.
I bought several. They warm up your tongue, even a little head sweat, but not scary hot. If you see these, and like some heat, give them a try. If JalapeƱos are your idea of hot šŸ„µ, you might want to pass. View attachment 2139097
I'll be passing on those.

OP
OP
Blackfoot58

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Amish retail store ... now that is a new one to me.
We have several. They buy store close-outs, scratch and dent cans, etc and sell at discount price.
Recently Iā€™ve gotten 32 oz. Olive oil for $4.25, canned anchovies at 25 cents per tin, name brand horseradish mustard 35 centsā€¦
All for sale under lights lit with propane!

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I attended a motorcycle rally a few years ago near my home. One vendor was selling a whiskey named "Scorpion." A friend bought a bottle, and we sampled it. It was made with the Carolina Reaper pepper. Muy hot!!! Whenever we would get together, he would bring it. We never did finish the bottle. I think he finally trashed it without finishing it! I don't think I could eat those Reaper cheese curls now!

OP
OP
Blackfoot58

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
If it burns going in then itā€™s gunna burn coming out. Lol. Iā€™ll pass
I always eat some ice cream after the peppers. That way I have a cooling effect when I poop!!!šŸ’©šŸ¦

Jorgeke

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2021
I found these at an Amish retail store today. Marked down to 50 cents per bag. The guy said they didnā€™t sell well.
I bought several. They warm up your tongue, even a little head sweat, but not scary hot. If you see these, and like some heat, give them a try. If JalapeƱos are your idea of hot šŸ„µ, you might want to

I bought several. They warm up your tongue, even a little head sweat, but not scary hot. If you see these, and like some heat, give them a try. If JalapeƱos are your idea of hot šŸ„µ, you might want to pass. View attachment 2139097
That treasure Looks interesting

I would like to try them.

I do have two Carolina reaper plants.

Congrats

Marino13

Sep 2, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like hot stuff,doesn't bother my gut at all, it's weird tho, tomatoes will give me heartburn, but hot peppers won't. Go figure. šŸ¤Ŗ

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think i'll pass on those!

OP
OP
Blackfoot58

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I like hot stuff,doesn't bother my gut at all, it's weird tho, tomatoes will give me heartburn, but hot peppers won't. Go figure. šŸ¤Ŗ
Tomatoes have acid that peppers do not have. Pretty common issue. A lot of people do better with vegetable juice.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On Fridays I get my grandson who lives in Ft. Collins. His nanny text me asking if I want to go a little further north and meet them at this new place that just opened called Buc-ee's. The news was throwing out a lot a hype about it now being opened. Buc-ee's is a big thing in Texas and this is the first in Colorado. The place was absolute madhouse. I was told I need to try some Beaver Nuggets. I have to say if you like a sweet snack they're pretty good.

Attachments

• 20240322_122110.jpg
    20240322_122110.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
  • 20240324_051038.jpg
    20240324_051038.jpg
    748.1 KB · Views: 7

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions