2024 -- 14th Annual Treasure Hunters Cookout and Reunion -April 27

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Good Morning!!!
Great news!! We are back in business at the Pennwood Motor Lodge here in scenic Sebastian, FL for the 14th Annual Cookout.
I just talked to the proprietors and they are very happy to have us back. The possible disruption that has caused us to look for another venue has gone away and all has returned to normal. They have been working on the property and it is in better shape than ever!
Get your hotel reservations and save up your nickels and dimes, folks. We're going to have a party!!!
www.pennwoodmotorlodge.com
We will have the same structure as always and I will add more to this post as we go along.
Be there!!!
Please make this a sticky!
It's true! We are going to do it again!!!
Who!?! -You, me and 500 of our closest friends and acquaintances.
What!?! - The 14th Pretty Annual Treasure Hunters Cookout and Reunion
When?! - Somewhere around noon on April 27th, 2024
Where!?! -
Pennwood Motor Lodge, Sebastian, FL.
Address: 9295 US-1, Sebastian, FL 32958
Phone: (772) 594-9879
How!?!
By bus or by plane
by car or by train
by bike or by truck
We don't really give much of a puck
Just get off your couch
put your stuff in a pouch
Get to Wabasso by then
and see all your friends
Some may be new, some may be old
but there will be many treasure stories told
Some may be lies, some may be true
but some new stories may happen to you!
--------------------------------------
Bring a covered side, dessert dish or a cooler with drinks if you like - we'll be serving ribs, burgers and hot dogs.
Lunch is free, but monetary donations to defray expenses would be appreciated.
There will be some vendors booths, a charity auction as well as several authors with books for sale.

Attachments

• 14th Annual Cookout Flyer copy.jpg
    14th Annual Cookout Flyer copy.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 82
Last edited:
OP
OP
ropesfish

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
If you are coming, please leave a note here... I always like to have an estimated head count so I can be wrong every year. I am still going to smoke about 150 lbs of ribs, cook 30 lbs of hamburgers, 20 lbs of hotdogs, 30 lbs each of pasta salad and potato salad (Thanks to Marc and Connie Littleton), Wayne Gales' famous award-winning conch fritters, some Publix fried chicken just because it's awesome and a herd of other stuff brought by the folks who bring covered dishes.
I'd love to see you all.
Donations towards the expenses for the Cookout are always welcome and there will be a donation bucket or two in conspicuous places. All the extra funds go to the Michael Apt Jr Have A Heart Foundation!
On Sunday I'll be having a little get-together in For Pierce aboard MV Sampson at Fort Marine in Fort Pierce as well at about noon or 1 PM. Snacks and cold drinks (and maybe leftovers from the Cookout if there are any)

a10 - Copy.jpg
a11 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:

Bamasteve

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2022
Very far north of where I’d rather be
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 400
Garrett carrot
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Pro-find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same here. Going to try and arrive early on Friday to get some detecting in!
Where are you coming from? Message me when you get in and maybe we can meet up. I’ll be coming in from Charlotte NC

TDiver1715

Greenie
Jul 23, 2010
GA & FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse, CTX3030, Manticore
& Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Morning!!!
Great news!! We are back in business at the Pennwood Motor Lodge here in scenic Sebastian, FL for the 14th Annual Cookout.
I just talked to the proprietors and they are very happy to have us back. The possible disruption that has caused us to look for another venue has gone away and all has returned to normal. They have been working on the property and it is in better shape than ever!
Get your hotel reservations and save up your nickels and dimes, folks. We're going to have a party!!!
www.pennwoodmotorlodge.com
We will have the same structure as always and I will add more to this post as we go along.
Be there!!!
Please make this a sticky!
It's true! We are going to do it again!!!
Who!?! -You, me and 500 of our closest friends and acquaintances.
What!?! - The 14th Pretty Annual Treasure Hunters Cookout and Reunion
When?! - Somewhere around noon on April 27th, 2024
Where!?! -
Pennwood Motor Lodge, Sebastian, FL.
Address: 9295 US-1, Sebastian, FL 32958
Phone: (772) 594-9879
How!?!
By bus or by plane
by car or by train
by bike or by truck
We don't really give much of a puck
Just get off your couch
put your stuff in a pouch
Get to Wabasso by then
and see all your friends
Some may be new, some may be old
but there will be many treasure stories told
Some may be lies, some may be true
but some new stories may happen to you!
--------------------------------------
Bring a covered side, dessert dish or a cooler with drinks if you like - we'll be serving ribs, burgers and hot dogs.
Lunch is free, but monetary donations to defray expenses would be appreciated.
There will be some vendors booths, a charity auction as well as several authors with books for sale.
See you there!!!!

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see folks are looking to have a good time detecting as well.
Just for those that aren't aware, many of the local beaches have recently been renourished or are in the process of being sanded up.

Just saying, you might want to research which ones and have some less known spots as backups.

Bamasteve

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2022
Very far north of where I’d rather be
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 400
Garrett carrot
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Pro-find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see folks are looking to have a good time detecting as well.
Just for those that aren't aware, many of the local beaches have recently been renourished or are in the process of being sanded up.

Just saying, you might want to research which ones and have some less known spots as backups.
Appreciate the heads up

OP
OP
ropesfish

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
It is only TWO WEEKS to the Cookout!!
Do you have your plans in gear for you to be here? well...there....
All is going along pretty much according to plan.
The venue is set. Our friends at the Pennwood Motor Lodge are ready.
We have MUSIC!! Brad Brock ( Brad Brock's One Man Band ) will be on-site and in tune!! We appreciate you, Brad!
We have PortaPottys arranged -more important than one might think... Thank you Cliff!
Tables and chairs have been rented and will be on site Saturday morning. I could sure use some help getting them unpacked and set up. If you can and will help, let me know.
Marc and Connie Littleton are going to bring 30 lbs of potato salad and pasta salad.
What we need - hamburger, hot dogs, buns for both, you bring 'em and we'll cook 'em. Publix fried chicken is always a hit, as are soft drinks, bottled water and rum(?).
Donations for the auction and raffles are needed, desired, appreciated and welcomed with open arms!
If you can't attend but wish to donate something, be it cash, check or material goods, let me know and I'll give you an address to send to. Half of the proceeds goes to the Michael Abt Jr. Have a Heart Foundation, the other half to help fund next year's event.
More announcements over the weekend. Looking forward to seeing you all!!
If'n you are coming, drop a message here or on FB.
here is the Facebook link to the Official Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/991269501944210/
ALSO...we will be having a little get-together on Sampson at Fort Marine in Fort Pierce (24 N Causeway, Fort Pierce, FL 34946) right behind Day Boat Seafood/Florida Fresh Fish on Sunday afternoon -day after the cookout at about 1 o'clock. This is a very informal thing...just a chance for folks to get a look at the vessel that we are refurbishing.
1712982429006.jpeg

solstice

Apr 21, 2024
It is only TWO WEEKS to the Cookout!!
Do you have your plans in gear for you to be here? well...there....
All is going along pretty much according to plan.
The venue is set. Our friends at the Pennwood Motor Lodge are ready.
We have MUSIC!! Brad Brock ( Brad Brock's One Man Band ) will be on-site and in tune!! We appreciate you, Brad!
We have PortaPottys arranged -more important than one might think... Thank you Cliff!
Tables and chairs have been rented and will be on site Saturday morning. I could sure use some help getting them unpacked and set up. If you can and will help, let me know.
Marc and Connie Littleton are going to bring 30 lbs of potato salad and pasta salad.
What we need - hamburger, hot dogs, buns for both, you bring 'em and we'll cook 'em. Publix fried chicken is always a hit, as are soft drinks, bottled water and rum(?).
Donations for the auction and raffles are needed, desired, appreciated and welcomed with open arms!
If you can't attend but wish to donate something, be it cash, check or material goods, let me know and I'll give you an address to send to. Half of the proceeds goes to the Michael Abt Jr. Have a Heart Foundation, the other half to help fund next year's event.
More announcements over the weekend. Looking forward to seeing you all!!
If'n you are coming, drop a message here or on FB.
here is the Facebook link to the Official Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/991269501944210/
ALSO...we will be having a little get-together on Sampson at Fort Marine in Fort Pierce (24 N Causeway, Fort Pierce, FL 34946) right behind Day Boat Seafood/Florida Fresh Fish on Sunday afternoon -day after the cookout at about 1 o'clock. This is a very informal thing...just a chance for folks to get a look at the vessel that we are refurbishing.
View attachment 2143135
It's going to be great; lot's of drinking and carrying on for sure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread