Whites coinmaster 6000D

dirtyknees

Jun 10, 2005
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
White coinmaster 6000/D GEB discrim
White's coinmaster 6000D

Hi all, I'm new here and new to the hobby.? As a matter of fact I've just purchased a used Coinmaster 6000D as my first unit.? It comes with a user manual but I was hoping for some pointers from the pros as well.? Is there anything I should or should not do with this detector? ???? Thanks?

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: White's coinmaster 6000D

you didn't mention, if it's the series 2 or not.

I used to have the 6000-D Series 2.

it's an excellent machine.
as good as & in some cases, Better then many starter models today, only a little heavier.

just follow the instructions, keep your coil level with the ground. & as close to the ground, as possable,while swinging.

there should be a button on the handle.
I used to raise the detector in the Air, and Press this button, a couple times, If it got erraric
while detecting, as this would re-tune it.

other then this, it's a fairly simple machine, just follow the instrustions, and enjoy.

Jeff

P

Pooley

i had one of those machines also, great detector, easy to use. When coinshooting I always hunted in GEB DISC, of course that machine is a little heavier than current ones and in GEB DISC you had to swing it. Easy to tell coins from junk because your signal would break up with junk. Pinpointing was a breeze with that machine. All in all, its a good machine to have.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good Point, that I forgot about Pooley.

I searched in G.E.B. MAX & switched to all Metal when I got a Target.

Then once I was over the Target, I'd Keep Pushing the Button on the handle,
To Detune the Detector over the Coin, till I had it Narrowed down.

After, I'd switch back to GEB MAX Lift the Coil, Push the Button on the Handle Twice,
Lower the Coil & start searching again.

My Disc. was always fully Counter Clockwise.

P

Pooley

yeah the pinpointing feature on that was easy just like you said keep pressing the button to make the target smaller until you find it. I miss that machine, I currently use an ACE 250 and have an old coinmaster as a back up.

OP
OP
dirtyknees

dirtyknees

Jun 10, 2005
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used

Hey thanks for all the replies. I'm sure I'll be able to tell what's going on once I have the machine in hand. I haven't received the detector yet (bought online) so I'm not sure what series it is. On the side of the control panel it reads: coinmaster 6000D / G.E.B. discriminator / all metal detector. Can this unit be used at the beach and to search for other thing besides coins? (Are these questions that I should have asked before buying? - you bet but it was a good deal on the spur of the moment).

sanman

P

Pooley

How much did you pay for it?? Yeah you can use it at the beach. You may run into some problems if its a salt water beach and are detecting in the surf, minerals may affect it some but in wet or dry sand it should work just fine. Back when I lived in Tennessee I used mine on freshwater beaches and found lots of stuff. I had my machine for about 20 years before it finally died. It paid for itself many times over.

OP
OP
dirtyknees

dirtyknees

Jun 10, 2005
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used

With shipping I paid under $110. I live on Lake Erie so salt water won't be a prob.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

When I had mine, My understanding, the TR setting worked better on Salt Water Beaches.

? But you had to sacrafice some Depth. plus it's non-Motion.

I never used the TR setting tho.

I used mine for all around Detecting RELIC, COIN, CACHE. hunting.

Sounds like yours may be the original 6000-D or the SEARS Equivelent.

you'll be able to tell when you get it & look at the DISC. & battery Compartment.

The Series 2 had TR/G.E.B./G.E.B. MAX/All Metal & took 2 Battery Packs. one held 6 AA's the other 8 AAs.

the original had TR/G.E.B./All Metal, and one Battery pack.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread