underwater hunt opportunity

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
(Not sure this is exact fit for this topic area, but close so thought I'd post it.)

True_Metal who posts here and I have this great old swimming hole site we've talked about, having found silver coins from early 1900s through 60s and a copper half penny (1740s or so) and an 1859 Canadian Center, lots of weaties and various other stuff all on land. This really needs to be detected by a serious underwater expert who can use diving gear to get fully submerged. There are many deep areas right under the old bridge that must be loaded with stuff. We are sure the land has never been checked based on all the stuff we have found, so there's no way the water has been checked. This ceased to be a swimming hole decades ago and is in a small town, so it's not on anyone's radar. It's been on private property for many years, but we have permission to search it. If anyone is interested, we would be glad to provide you access to the site. Our interest is in learning what's down there and you are welcome to keep what you find, but you can buy us dinner and a couple beers if you find some good things. (Site is in Orange County, New York, about 1.5 hours north of NY City or one hour west of Danbury, CT. Let us know.

Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya don't need tanks just a dredge air pump,T-80 hooked up to a 3 hp motor and regulator and your in biz-wish ya was outwest!!!!!Tons a au 2 u 2-John ;D

D

Donna 2

Why not get a hookah outfit and do it yourselves. Sounds like too much fun to give up to me.
Donna

southern gent

Aug 1, 2004
Pickens Co. S.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Sovriegn. Whites. Garret
Primary Interest:
Other
My dredge has a browns hooked up to it. I did it myself and it works great. I dearly wish that I had the time to make the trip up to help you guys out, but twins on the way. I'm sure you will find a way, we always do in this hobby. If the hole is less than ten ft. deep you may try building a relic/ coin dredge and opperating it from a jon boat with a pole attatched to the nozzel. I could help you draw up some basic plans, just let me know. HH! Chris

nedigger

Sep 30, 2004
Omaha, NE
southern gent said:
My dredge has a browns hooked up to it. I did it myself and it works great. I dearly wish that I had the time to make the trip up to help you guys out, but twins on the way. I'm sure you will find a way, we always do in this hobby. If the hole is less than ten ft. deep you may try building a relic/ coin dredge and opperating it from a jon boat with a pole attatched to the nozzel. I could help you draw up some basic plans, just let me know. HH! Chris

I wish I had a couple of twins on the way...about 24 years old or so and uh...oh, sorry. A little off the subject. ;D I'll go with what Chris said. Good luck and HH.

OP
OP
bergie

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Hey, everyone, thanks for the ideas and best of luck with the twins (future treasure hunters). I'll keep you updated on our progress. We probably won't get to this until the spring and may have some more questions.

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Bergie,
Why don't you hook up with a local prospecting club in your area. Find somone who does dredging and tell them you will cut them in on 1/3 of the loot (since you found the site). I'm sure if you could dredge this hole you might be VERY surprised what you came up with. At the same time you might be making a nicer hole for fish to live in (after it cleared up). If you do this, take lots of pictures and post them here. I have a swimmin hole here in southern Ca that I would love dredge, but it is miles from a road (but is used heavily during the summer).
Too bad all that brown water creeps me out too much!

OP
OP
bergie

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Thanks, Coinshooter. Just saw your post from the 8th on this. True Metal is going to try to build one so we can pull up all the stuff from the creek. If we can't work it out we'll go the route you mention. I am sure there's stuff down there and now it's a huge curiosity

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread