Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its getting into mid summer ☀️ and the water temp has soared to almost uncomfortable at some of my spots.....its definitely forcing me into deeper waters because at least it's cooler water 💧 the finds are piling up also, and im starting to count the clad by pounds. Gold has been good, but the type of finds have effected my weight totals.....last year I had less gold, but more gold weight. I'm finding the dainty women's gold, and not the big man golds like last year. I had 1 piece last year that equals all my gold for this year....thats just the way the ball bounces, and I can feel the anticipation of a major find. Of coarse if my cartier from last week had been real.....well that would have put my total take up there with last summer ☀️
So here's the latest and greatest from the last few hunts.
20230725_091123.jpg
20230725_091052.jpg
20230721_115930.jpg
20230721_073150.jpg
20230721_065516.jpg

I had 9 rings total with the unpictured junkers, and my ring count is insane since the first day of summer. I have probably close to 40.....I think my best day was 8 so far !! I've kept the gold separate since the first day of summer, and here it is
20230722_123038.jpg

There are several items not pictured.... gold earrings.
Hope everyone is getting wet and enjoying the summer thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Upvote 39
Fantastic haul! Looks like a high percentage of Catholic items. Who’s the patron Saint of lost jewelry? 🤔
I thought the little silver religous medallion was cool......its in honor of the "Fatima 4" they were the girls who had a vision of Mary that manifested in the sky over a town. Many people saw it. I think it was in Europe in the 50s or 60s......ill have to refresh myself to remember 🤔

100 degree water?! Thats insane to me. Its only like that in shallow areas right?
Ya.....the highest recorded temp is very
Close to my house... 101 at manatee Bay. I swim close by, and it was very pleasant the other day mid 80s. Only hot in the extreme shallows !

We were supposed to have the biggest sea weed problem ever, and it's been the exact opposite.....no trade winds, and light westerly winds have blown the sea weed away, and it's been the cleanest summer in years.....problem is light west winds trap hot water in the bays and shallows !!

Gold is hidden away for emergency use, and I will definitely be able to mount a treasure coin or 2 at the end of the summer. I use the gold, and have it smelted and cast into a bezel for mounting the real treasure coins I've found over the years. View attachment 2095556
Those are beautiful pieces. Do you put them up for sale?

Gold is hidden away for emergency use, and I will definitely be able to mount a treasure coin or 2 at the end of the summer. I use the gold, and have it smelted and cast into a bezel for mounting the real treasure coins I've found over the years. View attachment 2095556
I do the same thing lol. Have 2 coins right now getting bezels put on from melted gold found. A 4 reale from 1733 fleet found this summer and a 2 Escudo gold 1715 fleet coin found after Hurricane Nicole last November. Super excited to get them back to me in a couple weeks. Love your finds also

Its getting into mid summer ☀️ and the water temp has soared to almost uncomfortable at some of my spots.....its definitely forcing me into deeper waters because at least it's cooler water 💧 the finds are piling up also, and im starting to count the clad by pounds. Gold has been good, but the type of finds have effected my weight totals.....last year I had less gold, but more gold weight. I'm finding the dainty women's gold, and not the big man golds like last year. I had 1 piece last year that equals all my gold for this year....thats just the way the ball bounces, and I can feel the anticipation of a major find. Of coarse if my cartier from last week had been real.....well that would have put my total take up there with last summer ☀️
So here's the latest and greatest from the last few hunts.View attachment 2095483View attachment 2095484View attachment 2095485View attachment 2095486View attachment 2095487
I had 9 rings total with the unpictured junkers, and my ring count is insane since the first day of summer. I have probably close to 40.....I think my best day was 8 so far !! I've kept the gold separate since the first day of summer, and here it isView attachment 2095488
There are several items not pictured.... gold earrings.
Hope everyone is getting wet and enjoying the summer thanks for looking.
Bart
You are Red Hot…
Congratulations on your success..
I admire your ability to recover so many beautiful items ..
Your determination to get out there is outstanding and you set a good example for others to follow

Those are beautiful pieces. Do you put them up for sale?
I haven't sold any yet, but I do make them and give them to family and friends. Perhaps I will sell some in the future ?

I do the same thing lol. Have 2 coins right now getting bezels put on from melted gold found. A 4 reale from 1733 fleet found this summer and a 2 Escudo gold 1715 fleet coin found after Hurricane Nicole last November. Super excited to get them back to me in a couple weeks. Love your finds also
It's a really neat way to get the coins mounted, and im glad someone else is having success with the same methodology. Congrats sir....we are a rare breed, and its a great honor to have coins from both fleets !!

Bart
You are Red Hot…
Congratulations on your success..
I admire your ability to recover so many beautiful items ..
Your determination to get out there is outstanding and you set a good example for others to follow
Thank you bill....im hoping to see some nice finds from you coming soon ..... good luck my friend !!

Congratulations You are having a great gold haul year!
Thank you scruggs......I push myself to go more frequently during the height of summer ☀️ right now people are packing there beach bags and getting ready for another beach, or boating day. Right now we are having our annual 2 day mini season for hunting 🦞 lobster!! People come from all over the world 🌎 to participate in this madness ! This means that there will be up to 5 times as many people in the water right now !! Every gram of AU counts !! 🫡

I thought the little silver religous medallion was cool......its in honor of the "Fatima 4" they were the girls who had a vision of Mary that manifested in the sky over a town. Many people saw it. I think it was in Europe in the 50s or 60s......ill have to refresh myself to remember 🤔
Portugal, I believe.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back