My First Claim

Almost

Apr 9, 2019
Great Wide Open
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just purchased a claim in Rye Patch, Nevada - sight unseen. I simply wanted a place to metal detect for gold with friends. I own an Equinox 800. I realize that mineralization / hot rocks may limit the effectiveness of my detector. I am wondering if anyone here has some experience with detecting in the Rye Patch area? How would you describe the mineralization - High/medium/low? What detector would you say would be better suited that my Equinox for Rye Patch? Thnaks!

Upvote 4

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
WELCOME to a fairly new member to Tnet ! There's several people that frequent Rey Patch that posts here periodically , I'm sure one of them will post something ! Good Luck to you !

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just purchased a claim in Rye Patch, Nevada - sight unseen. I simply wanted a place to metal detect for gold with friends. I own an Equinox 800. I realize that mineralization / hot rocks may limit the effectiveness of my detector. I am wondering if anyone here has some experience with detecting in the Rye Patch area? How would you describe the mineralization - High/medium/low? What detector would you say would be better suited that my Equinox for Rye Patch? Thnaks!
Wow! Purchasing a claim sight un-seen. Hope you didn’t pay too much. How did it work out for you? Have you had a chance to check it out?

Azure

Oct 5, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If you invite me out, you can test out my Garrett axiom.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A bunch from Bill Long's (recently he closed forum down) Nugget Shooter forum for years detected there, maybe a few of them are on here now.

minerjosh

Apr 5, 2017
California
Detector(s) used
GPX4500/Nox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I havnt detected out there but I’ve read on other forums that people did fine with the equinox 800 out there. I suggest trying it out. Bring a friend that has a different detector and compare how they work for You. I also suggest bringing your own test targets to a new claim you havnt seen! Especially in a popular gold hunting area that has been worked so much with metal detectors.

southfork

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out to rye patch a couple of times no luck. Some of the claims were doing a push with a dozer just skimming the top off then detecting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions