i need a At Pro Super Bad!!

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will have to change your OL name to GarrettGirl86. They are great machines but you may also consider getting the smaller coil with the Pro or maybe an AT Gold.
Good luck with your hunting,
ZDD

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read that the At pro and the At gold are really the same machine just the gold is set up for the common mineralizlation (spelling?) common to gold. I love my AT pro.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll do anything for a At Pro... anyone one have one for sale??

Keep an eye out because they occasionally come up for sale, used. Go to the dealer's section and bookmark their websites. Also, Indian Nations Detectors has some used detectors from time to time, but they are not a dealer on Treasurenet

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bountyhuntergirl86 , Just curious as to what you've seen or heard about this detector ? I know they've been all the rage here on T-net for
a year or more . I like that the AT Pro is water proof -( My MXT is not ), but I'm not ready to bail out on it yet .

mjc_lakedweller

Nov 14, 2011
Kzoo County, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro,
Garrett ACE350,
Fisher CZ-20,
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have an AT Pro and think its amazing. I have lately been using the smaller coil to go over locations I have previously hunted and wow I've picked up some nice goodies that the larger coil could not distinguish amongst the trash. Great machine/price

recentlycured

Jun 28, 2013
Not sure where you live but when wanted to uprgrade my main reason to get something other than my teknetics 4000 which I love was to get a waterproof machine as well,I was going to get the at gold but near near saltwater beaches and the gold is not recommended for saltwater because of ground balancing....got the at pro from Bart at bigboyshobbies and got a great deal....no one can beat his prices....and love the machine so far even though have not waterhunted with it yet....good luck try craigslist or even Bart sometimes used ones come up.

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read that the At pro and the At gold are really the same machine just the gold is set up for the common mineralizlation (spelling?) common to gold. I love my AT pro.
Not quite the exact machine, the Gold runs a 18 Kilohertz ant the Pro runs at 15 Khz but the main dif. for a sweet patite femme is the stock coil size. I weigh in at 200 lbs and am in fairly good shape and swinging the large coil for 6-8 hrs can really where you down. By the end of the day it feels like your swinging a tree trunk. The small 5x8 coil makes a big difference there and unless she wants to buy both coils I would advise going with the Gold, also if she plans on hunting trashier sites then the small coil is the better choice. The gold cost's a little more then the Pro which is something else she must consider. Maybe the ATP with both coils on a package deal somewhere might be the weigh to go and only cost a few more bucks then the ATG.
One more thing, the ATG does not work in Salt water where the ATP will.
ZDD

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you'll do anything for an AT Pro what about an Etrac? May have one for sale soon?

dirtydig

Oct 7, 2013
virginia
Detector(s) used
A T Pro, ace 250, pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are you using now? kellyco is having a sale, because its digger week on nat geo.

Fix

Oct 17, 2012
Southern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS-2a Pro with a 15 inch DD WOT coil.
Deeptech Vista Gold.
AT Max.
Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Why doesn't Garrett combine the two machines. AT Pro and AT Gold in one. Just flip a switch to move between the two.
Sounds like a money maker to me.

recentlycured

Jun 28, 2013
You can get the at pro and both coils from Bart at bigboyshobbies for cheaper than the at gold I believe.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are thinking of a new machine, don't forget to keep weight in mind. AT Pros are fine, just a little off balance in my opinion but ETracs have some weight on them.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is one for sale in a local pawn shop with 2 coils. how much you willing to spend?

toe2short

May 28, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My brother just purchased a AT Pro. They are good metal detectors, but the E-Trac is built much better. That is the reason it weights more. There is no comparison between the two, the E-Trac is in a different field.

toe2short

May 28, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not trying to give Kellco a bad rap, but don't fall for the $400 Accessories add on. They give you a lot of garbage. If you buy from them just buy the machine don't get the package deal.

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to say that Garrett has done an awesome job marketing by giving machines to the YouTube video makers to use in their videos. That's why newbies all want the AT Pro. I wouldn't mind trying one to see what all the hype is about but I'd be hard pressed to give up my T2.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AT pro is an awesome machine... No one can really understand how great they are unless they use them. I've found coins in sites that have been hit by almost every machine known to man. Hit by me with my MXT and others with their machines. It found coins others and myself have missed... The Iron Audio and Audio Roll over make it an easy task to get between the iron and find the coins. Its water proof and its only 4 or 5 hundred bucks. Etrac I think are great machines too but the AT pro is right up there with them... Among other things the AT pro is also cheaper.

Keep @ it and HH !!

OP
OP
bountyhuntergirl86

bountyhuntergirl86

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II & Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've heard alot of really great things about the At Pro, im using the bounty hunter quick draw 2 and it got damaged I'm afraid that its not working properly and I might be missing a lot of stuff :-( so if anyone has one they would be willing to part with please let me know :-) Will cook, clean and to yard work for a new machine lol :-) lol poor Betsy is living in her last days I fear...

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MUD(S.W.A.T.) Definitely interested in your experiences with the MXT/ AT Pro as I'm an MXT user and have been seeing a LOT of buzz lately
about the AT Pro - I think the AT Pro is a couple hundred bucks cheaper than the MXT so it is fairly affordable - I'm not unhappy with the
MXT , but am interested that you got better depth / separation with the Pro .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions