Finally, my first old coin with the Simplex!

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+

Attachments

• IMG_2157.jpeg
    IMG_2157.jpeg
    548.6 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_2156.jpeg
    IMG_2156.jpeg
    675.3 KB · Views: 140
Upvote 36

oldmxrat

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In my driveway. A place Iā€™ve been over dozens of times. The back is decent, the obverse is crud-coated.
Whatā€™s the best way to clean so I can read the date? Thisā€™ll beat my 1966 quarter for oldest. šŸ˜† thanks!
Outstanding find! The coin is in pretty good shape for being in your driveway, huh?
Good job cleaning it up!
Have you tried air-testing your Simplex with various things...?
This way you learn what to expect most of the time - it helps with the self-image thing.... :laughing7:

kmk

Feb 4, 2016
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
AT PRO and APEX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my driveway. A place Iā€™ve been over dozens of times. The back is decent, the obverse is crud-coated.
Whatā€™s the best way to clean so I can read the date? Thisā€™ll beat my 1966 quarter for oldest. šŸ˜† thanks!
Very cool find, love those Indian Head Pennies. I happen to really like the design of them. Congrats and hope you find lots more, silver and gold too!

cajundetector

Mar 4, 2023
Congrats BF! Iā€™ll bet that put a smile in your face when you popped that outšŸ‘

OP
OP
Blackfoot58

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Congrats BF! Iā€™ll bet that put a smile in your face when you popped that outšŸ‘
Absolutely. I went from an oldest coin of 1966 to the IHP. I have fond memories of those. When I first started collecting coins, circa 1963, I occasionally got an IHP in change or my dad did and gave it to me. I never understood why they went to Lincoln. Indians were way cooler to a 5 year old boy with Blackfoot ancestry. šŸ‘šŸ¼

cajundetector

Mar 4, 2023
Absolutely. I went from an oldest coin of 1966 to the IHP. I have fond memories of those. When I first started collecting coins, circa 1963, I occasionally got an IHP in change or my dad did and gave it to me. I never understood why they went to Lincoln. Indians were way cooler to a 5 year old boy with Blackfoot ancestry. šŸ‘šŸ¼
DefinitelyAgreed!! Iā€™ve yet to find one. But if and when I do, I will be a very happy man.

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lincoln was the first real person to be put on a US coin. The ex presidents then took over unfortunately. We went from a beautiful standing liberty quarter to the most ugly Washington quarter that has been around since 1932. Enough!! The beautiful walking liberty half devolved into bald Franklin and Kennedy. So sad we now have political hacks instead of classic art works on our common circulating coins.

aShardOfHistory

Oct 14, 2023
Essex UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deus 2
Nice find, congratulations, I remember my first coin and the excitement! Keep going maybe youā€™ll find something else. I did about 8 runs of my garden in different modes/settings with the xterra pro and kept finding stuff every time.

I even found a coin spill from the 60s in one of the last runs

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread