End of an ara

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
For the first in over 30 years the Washington Prospectors Mining Association is not having their annual Gold Show this year. I have gone to it since the beginning except the last 3 years because of covid. So many great memories, people I knew that are now passed away. It is hard for me to realize that I am the old-timer now. It is such an awesome privilege to have met so many real old-timers that shared their knowledge with me. Sadly for Western Washington State mining is ending, with the limitations by the state and the lack of good placer deposits. It wasn't until we got an historic flood like we had in 1990 and the greater one in 1995 that mining would be great again. For those who weren't there after the floods, we were their by the thousands, It was so awesome. Those floods helped create the W.P.M.A but the gold is gone and also the old-timers sadly. But it is not over for me, with all the knowledge I have.,I still have some still rich places to mine plus with gold I found I was able to buy 2 claims in Northern California. The journey continues.

Upvote 11

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
et1955 I used to be a member of WP.MA back in the 90's for a short time.. Leonard and I were there and had a booth setup for Dredge Earth First , in Orrovile ! It was a very enjoyable time there meeting members. We had a great time ! I'm glad to see them still doing what needs to be done ! They've done a lot of good ! Thanks for jogging my ole memory bank ! :icon_thumleft: :coffee2:

OP
OP
et1955

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What was my confusion? I visited the WPMA site many times in the past few weeks and there was no notification of the show, what change yesterday was I noticed a scroll bar on the side and after scrolling down many empty pages and there it was. Not the best advertisement.

OP
OP
et1955

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
et1955 I used to be a member of WP.MA back in the 90's for a short time.. Leonard and I were there and had a booth setup for Dredge Earth First , in Orrovile ! It was a very enjoyable time there meeting members. We had a great time ! I'm glad to see them still doing what needs to be done ! They've done a lot of good ! Thanks for jogging my ole memory bank ! :icon_thumleft: :coffee2:
Sorry we never met, would have loved to take you to where I mined and share the knowledge I have been privileged to have learned.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread