EMERALD 2.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 2,525
OP
OP
SHARK

SHARK

Nov 7, 2010
Florida
WOW! I don't know what to say to this. Thank you so very much. I cannot express how much your words of kindness and encouragement mean to me.

Honestly, I didn't expect that Marc, would have left this thread standing this morning. This is a wonderful surprise.

AQUANUT, Again I don't know what to say. Thank you for your kindness and support.

So that there is no mis-understanding, I am not out to prove myself to anyone. But also being skeptical of what I don't know, or understand, I am constantly trying to prove to myself that some things are possible whether I understand them, or not. I love learning by doing. I am always surprised, and amazed when physical evidence is found that coincides with a mental image. I don't understand how it is even possible. So forgive me if I am often non-committal because I never know if my Treasure Search methods are always going to work. I continue on with the philosphy that "What has already been done, can be done again", and hope for the best. Thanks John.

PHIPS, I too have been hesitant in posting finds on TNET anymore because I knew there would be repercussion from those proclaimed skeptics that display contempt for others success.

It was your posting of finding loose Emeralds, buried in shallow sand is what inspired and prompted me include Emerald in my search. Emeralds broken loose from their container are very light and it makes sense that they would be washed in by the wave action and wouldn't sink as deep in the sand as coins, or metal artifacts. I thank you for that.

From a selfish standpoint, I wish you were there to help in the recovery. Using the Auger & Tube for recovery is easy work, but it was pure luck to have hit on top of a target with a 4 inch diameter tube. The difficulty was the walk down the beach to the site carrying the gear. Trudy, is 5 feet tall, 102 lbs and was 85 years old at the time and carried most of the gear walking ahead of me, setting it down, and coming back and carrying my load. With bad legs, and out of condition, I had to stop and lay down every 100, or so feet to recuperate enough to get back to the car.

The Emeralds in this cluster are small and are embedded in Coral. Probably too small to cut and be of any intrinsic value. This pales in comparison to your finds. I would like very much to meet you. Thank you for being my inspiration.

BILLINGSTUART, I wanted to go to this area of beach, because I suspect the wreckage remains a fleet of 6 Portugese Treasure ships in the water just offshore. I believe they may have salvaged several tons of Bronze Cannon, Silver, Gold, and Emerald, and buried it on the beach. I would estimate the Treasure and bedrock at that location to be 22 to 28 feet deep. Not much hope of a recovery in those conditions.

I tried to hand dig where I detected scattered Emeralds, at Jupiter Inlet, but it was in the rocks covered by water at high tide, and too difficult. Close by, anomalies I believe are cannon were detected with the Metal detector, but again, embedded about 5 feet in the rock and expensive to recover.

If I am right, and that is always a big "IF", a third, or more, of the possible Portuguese Treasure fleet was not salvaged and still remains in the water. Hopefully, some 1715 Salvor working in that area will venture down that way and accidentally find some wreckage and decide to explore further.

We could see Capt. Hawke's boat, Gold Hawg, working to the North of us at Douglas Beach, but the entrance to that beach was closed and we couldn't make contact. We were waiting at the dock, when she arrived. Meeting Bonnie, and Jo, was the highlight of a most enjoyable trip. John Brandon, stopped by while we were at the Marina.

Again, my thanks to all of you. Dell

Upvote 0

Shawmen

Sep 7, 2010
Tango Charlie

Dell...Still wish u would repost some of your photos from back-in-da-day...they really are motivating!!! :notworthy: I saved alot of those a few years back, but unfortunately they're on a computer I don't have access to right now...Glad to hear Trudy is still out there doing it with you...

Disregard the naysayers here, as some of us here remember what u have already accomplished!!

God Bless and Best Wishes to you both!!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
SHARK

SHARK

Nov 7, 2010
Florida
Shawmen, I never dreamed TNET would totally delete everything I ever posted to "Teach me a Lesson" so I never bothered to make copies . Add to that two computer crashes loosing the data on the hard drive, and the back up drive, and a lot of the material I posted is now gone forever.

I still have some photos left but my new computer doesn't make very good copies to the hard drive with the old scanner. The big problem is having the time to do it all over again.

I'm still hoping for funding for the Bimini project, but if that becomes a lost cause, I just bought an old Pontoon boat to fix up and prepare to do some wreck exploration in shallow water on the West coast of Florida, if I am physically and financially able.

Memories of the past are nice, and I am grateful to be able to share these with others, but my ambition is seeking new adventures to explore, hopefully with help and a few less challenges.

Thank you for your interest. I'm hanging on to the dream. Dell

Upvote 0

divewrecks

Bronze Member
Sep 7, 2004
Down South - Marietta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE (land), Aquapulse AQ1B (sea), Fisher CZ-20 (water, beach), Fisher 1266X (woods)
SHARK said:
Thank you for your interest. I'm hanging on to the dream. Dell

Dell, best of luck. If our paths happen to cross you can count on help from me....

Take care, Stan

Upvote 0

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
SWR said:
Proclaimed skeptics? Dell...the devices you build and sell have already been proven to be fraudulent and not capable of broadcasting or transmitting a signal, of any sort...more than a few inches. Contempt for others success?? Good grief...exposing fraudulent "treasure hunting" equipment is more like it :angry5:

Yeah, seriously.
I'll give the the guy the benefit of the doubt and assume he sincerely believes his stuff channels some sort of supernatural power that isn't quantifiable by science... that he isn't just an ordinary huckster peddling ordinary quackery to people of weak capacities for reason and objectivity, seeking articles of faith that will make their lives easier...

head_quack_428.jpg

... but at a minimum, lets not get too hostile with the people who rise to point out that his 'methods' have as much basis in science as guru-levitation, faith healing or Sasquatch. Even if you choose to believe in his magical dowsing abilities, understand that there are people out there who require some basis in ordinary reality before they buy into stuff like that. Science is a good start... Assuming standard precepts of logic apply, the skeptic crowd probably aren't the ones deserving of criticism when dowsing is in question. Matter of fact, its kind of ridiculous that we're even called "skeptics", since there's so little demonstrable fact for us to even be skeptical of.

Upvote 0

comfortably numb

Mar 31, 2010
Crystal River, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II,
MPX,fisher 1280x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"that he isn't just an ordinary huckster peddling ordinary quackery to people of weak capacities for reason and objectivity, seeking articles of faith that will make their lives easier... "

I have to say That Dell is a friend of mine, And although he has some methods that I don't understand or can not reason with science. He has been there, done that, probably more than I can do in my lifetime. And for that he deserves my respect.
LS Morgan, If this makes you think I am A person Of weak capacities then I look forward to meeting you face to face.

Upvote 0

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LSMorgan said:
... but at a minimum, lets not get too hostile with the people who rise to point out that his 'methods' have as much basis in science as guru-levitation, faith healing or Sasquatch.

Hey, I exist dangit! Here is my pic.

Attachments

• MessinWithSasquatch_1.jpg
    MessinWithSasquatch_1.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 1,344
Upvote 0

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SHARK said:
This summer I found this small cluster of raw emerald, buried about 6 1/2 deep at a beach about a mile South of Douglas beach, South of Ft. Pierce, Fl. Shark

Serious question. How did you recover an object 6 1/2 feet deep with a recovery tool only 6 foot long?

Upvote 0

comfortably numb

Mar 31, 2010
Crystal River, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II,
MPX,fisher 1280x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason in Enid said:
LSMorgan said:
... but at a minimum, lets not get too hostile with the people who rise to point out that his 'methods' have as much basis in science as guru-levitation, faith healing or Sasquatch.

Hey, I exist dangit! Here is my pic.
Yea, I see the resemblance. :laughing7:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
SHARK

SHARK

Nov 7, 2010
Florida
Jason in Enid said:
SHARK said:
This summer I found this small cluster of raw emerald, buried about 6 1/2 deep at a beach about a mile South of Douglas beach, South of Ft. Pierce, Fl. Shark

Serious question. How did you recover an object 6 1/2 feet deep with a recovery tool only 6 foot long?

Very simple! You dig the sand from around the top of the tube and go deeper. 8 feet is usually the limit on the upper part of the beach because the wet sand below starts to bind harder against the tube.

Upvote 0

Skimmer

Nov 2, 2006
Dell.
C'mon Buddy. You KNOW trying to convince a bunch of (mostly) seasoned treasure hunters that you can walk down a beach, pound a 6 foot 4" diameter tube down into the sand and bring out a huge South American Muzo mine
emerald, is going to make people say "bull$hit" and heckle you and your "methods?" Right? So WHY do you continue to do so? I like you, most of us do.
some of your photo's and stories of the 60's and 70's are priceless, and I wish I was with you then, helping and experiencing the "good 'ol days"
So, how 'bout some of those stories and less of the controversial LRL and impossible to believe nondetectable emerald stuff? Take care. buddy. Im looking forward to your stories that we'll never know about if you don't tell us. Those are priceless. Mike

Upvote 0

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
SHARK said:
Hi Mike, What can I say? In the old days I pulled a lot of small artifacts from the beach at Corrigans, using the tube & auger. It's nothing new. Ron Becker, Indian John Durham, and Roy Volker , knew but they aren't talking now

Not much point in wasting time putting a bunch of photos, and stories of the old days on TNET, if they are going to be deleted, is there?

Dell

Speaking sincerely and without any residual prejudice from the whole dowsing thing, I would love to see that stuff and would hope the admins DO NOT delete your pictures or ban your account. Everyone deserves a second chance- if they banned you before, consider this one vote to not ban you now, presuming you're here to talk about treasure hunting in general and not just flog your electronic dowsing rods for sale, which it's pretty clear you're not trying to do... You've been deliberate to avoid discussion about them but naturally, the conversation came back around to that, given your notoriety on the issue.

Still, you're apparently an experienced treasure hunter with decades in the game; guys like me would love to see your pics or hear the stories, including the ones that involve your unconventional methods.

Upvote 0

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I have to add my comment to this. I have known Dell for almost 10 years. He invited me into his home and showed me his finds. I place Dell into the same category as Mel Fisher and Art McKee. He is a living legend. I didn't believe in dowsing until a few years later when a mechanic/plumber showed me how to take two welding rods and find running water beneath my feet!
Now, lets get off this bull and get back to the subject of this thread. Dell, have you broken up that conglomerate to see how many emeralds are in that clump? How many carats are the exposed ones? Is it for sale?

Upvote 0

comfortably numb

Mar 31, 2010
Crystal River, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II,
MPX,fisher 1280x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LSMorgan said:
comfortably numb said:
comfortably numb said:
"that he isn't just an ordinary huckster peddling ordinary quackery to people of weak capacities for reason and objectivity, seeking articles of faith that will make their lives easier... "

I have to say That Dell is a friend of mine, And although he has some methods that I don't understand or can not reason with science. He has been there, done that, probably more than I can do in my lifetime. And for that he deserves my respect.
LS Morgan, If this makes you think I am A person Of weak capacities then I look forward to meeting you face to face.
Well, No response yet. I'm going inside to eat dinner. I'll check again in the morning.

Response to what?
That Dell is a friend of yours and is experienced and you respect him?
Or that you want to meet face to face so I can tell you that anyone who believes in dowsing has a weak capacities for reason and if you believe in dowsing, you do too?

I'm not going to comment on the former. You're entitled to feel however you please about the man. I'm sure he's a great guy in every other way, but the whole dowsing thing is absurd.

On the latter, LOL.
Is that one of those 'internet tough guy' grrrrrrrr things? Well, OK. I own property right in your neck of the woods and am down there a couple times a year so if you want, bring the gloves and pack a lunch, skippy :wink: Or, if you want to really throw your support behind Dell and his dowsing and settle the matter to your satisfaction in a more civilized way, there's a $10,000 wager you could pony up and take (and $25,000 more offered by Carl Moreland) I'll be down in July. Think it over. My money's waiting to be posted against anyone who's willing to bet on this stuff. Actions speak a lot louder than words, hot air and bluster in defense of your buddy and his methods. I'm willing to wager on any of this yet so far, all the other side can do is talk, plead, rattle sabers and howl.

Like I said. He's probably a great guy, apparently has a ton of experience in terms of looking, diving or whatever, but consider that he may have gotten sidetracked a bit with an article of faith that is as efficacious as rubbing random brass lamps and hoping genies will tell you where the treasure is.
"skippy"
Now you got me laughing, I didn't think people with closed minds had a sense of humor. As for bringing Gloves I don't think I mentioned that in my post, But if that's what you would like, I'd be happy to oblige. I merely prefer discussing personal differences face to face. So if you want to continue this conversation, look me up when you get down here. That's all I'm going to say about this whole matter. Now lets get back to the topic, Nice rock Dell! I'd like to see it next time we get together.
Jeff

Upvote 0

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thanks Dell. You are so generous. I can't believe it! One more thing. About 3 years ago I personally saw Dell find gold with his device. It DOES work for some people.

Upvote 0

Skimmer

Nov 2, 2006
Hi Dell-
Well. Tell us about what you and Mel did!
I was just thinking...I don't feel the need to believe in the religious creed of my friends...or be the same color as them, or salvage the same way they do. So, even if I can't bring myself to accept your methods, you still have my respect and admiration for what little I know of your exploits and adventures. TELL US MORE! WE"RE Waiting! There are many people here who would like to know what it was like living on salvage vessel in the Bahamas in the 60's
for example...I bet it was like the wild west. Your experiences from the past decades is interesting and valuable to us NOW. Thanks for any effort you and Trudy will be willing to share. MIKE

Upvote 0

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Shark, I cant read the page you put up. It is same size, and when I enlarge it it is very blurry. Can you put it up any larger? I am interested. Steve.

Upvote 0

captbonnie

Jan 22, 2007
Vero Beach FL
Detector(s) used
AQ1B
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hi all,

Got way behind on all these postings - congrats Dell on the emerald find!

I was very flattered to have Dell and Trudy come to see us aboard the Gold Hawg this summer - wish the weather had held for some diving together.

Dell sent congratulations when we found the bird - and he didn't question my methods of searching! A find is a find - there is much we don't understand - I work hard with charts and plotting and sometimes "overthink" - it's like trying to forecast the weather all the logic in the world doesn't pan out sometimes -

The best to you and Trudy - Dell - and keep finding - like the others I want to see some more of those Bahama day photos

Bonnie and Mom

Upvote 0

Maritime

Greenie
Jan 9, 2009
East Coast USA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Minelab
Fisher
This is a good exchange, even if people seem a bit frustrated. I'm involved in engineering and law, where proofs are essential and expected. Dowsing's the wrong place to look for machine-like results. It's an acquired talent -- maybe even an art form -- and like most every other discipline, suffers from imposters and widget-sellers. For those who doubt, I say, "you have good reason to -- but you'll have to ignore human history in the areas of mining and farming." For those who dowse well, I envy you -- my limited experience has been modest but unequivocal.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread