Walmart Coinstar gives up 1926 dime! Maybe a 1926-S? (updated hq pics 3/14/10)

tpmrcp

Dec 31, 2006
East Stroudsburg, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
***Here are the pics taken with my digital camera using super macro***

I got up just as the snow storm was about to hit PA and decided to go to Walmart to get some snacks and a few movies to watch while I get snowed in my house. ( I bought the Running Man on Blu-Ray for $10). I was about to leave when I saw the Coinstar and decided to inspect the area. Just last week I took a bunch of my change to Coinstar and donated it to the Haiti Relief Fund. There was a coin on the floor just under the machine that was really crudded up and looks like it had been waxed over with the floor buffer. I picked it up and could barely make out what it was. It is a BARBER DIME!! 1926!! I dont know it it is a 26-s or not because it is too gunked over and I dont know if I should even try to clean it. I love her as she is. Any idea on the value? If you are ever by a Coinstar why not throw in a handful of change and donate it to the Haiti Relief Fund? I am sure even 85 cents helps them. While you are there, look for silver :)

Your friend,
TPMRCP

Attachments

• 1926f.jpg
    1926f.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 1,073
  • 1926b.jpg
    1926b.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 1,078
  • DSC00797.JPG
    DSC00797.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 443
  • DSC00801.JPG
    DSC00801.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 438
  • DSC00804.JPG
    DSC00804.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 442
  • DSC00802.JPG
    DSC00802.JPG
    162.2 KB · Views: 437
Re: Walmart Coinstar gives up 1926 dime! Maybe a 1926-S? (better pics coming soon)

Great find! Still sweet to find silver by those coinstars! I think you have a mercury or winged liberty dime not a "barber", dimes after 1916 were the mercury or winged design. Great score and keep it up!!

Re: Walmart Coinstar gives up 1926 dime! Maybe a 1926-S? (better pics coming soon)

keverett said:
Great find! Still sweet to find silver by those coinstars! I think you have a mercury or winged liberty dime not a "barber", dimes after 1916 were the mercury or winged design. Great score and keep it up!!
Thanks! I was so excited that I just typed without thinking :)

I would be very excited too!!! I still have yet to pull a mercury dime from the ground or CRH'ing, so I understand completely....Great find!

Hello! God has blessed you with a gift for your generosity :angel7: Thank you for thinking of others at a time when it is very easy to dwell on our own problems. May you have a blessed day :icon_sunny: Paul :coffee2:

If it is floor wax mineral spirits or lighter fluid will take it off. Just put it in a small container put what ever on it and let it soak for 5-10 min. Should wipe right off.

I am replying so this goes to the top again for all to see the new pics.

Wow, nice find for sure. Looks like it has seen some years in saltwater or perhaps a fire at some point. Are you going to try to clean it?

HH, Mark :icon_pirat:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back