Triangle carving

GT hiker

Apr 21, 2024
I came across this cut triangle while hiking for wildflowers a few years ago. It looked obviously manmade with the lines and rock seams. I didn't think much of it at the time since it appeared relatively "new". I snapped a picture because it was intriguing, and we kept going. It was in some boulders at the beginning of a forest draw, 1/3 mile from the nearest Jeep road. I'm going to go back for the wildflowers this spring and will probably check it out again. I only have this 1 pic of it without scale, but I would estimate the longer triangle sides are about 2 inches. However, the boulders around it were very large and would not have been easily maneuvered. From what I remember, the triangle was somewhat vertical in the rock faces, at the orientation seen ("pointing" up) I was standing in the area about where the rocks were when taking the picture looking down the draw in the woods. Anybody have a helpful comment? I plan to take more and better pictures, but should I look for any particular other things around the area? Or is this just a hollow find? (pun intended 🙄).
IMG_1042 - Copy.JPG IMG_1029.JPG

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I came across this cut triangle while hiking for wildflowers a few years ago...
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard!
tn_moved_over.gif
2nd - I moved ya from HELP! over to TREASURE MARKS/SIGNS for more exposure.

tn_notice.gif
NOTE: Forum HELP! contains guides tutorials on how to use the new TreasureNet.com software.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Interesting find. Almost looks like it was cut with a rock saw, but then two of the sides (bottom and right) are following natural fracture lines.

Do check it out again, and if ya can get a pic of it with the flash on, as that will light up the inside of the triangular space. Also, see if you can find any tool or chisel marks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions