Tallahassee , are ye any MDs in Tallahassee ?

Re: Tallahassee , are ye any MD's in Tallahassee ?

Yea, its not in or on the the junkyard, but close....just posted the map to show the general area

i dropped a few treasures in that junk yard. '70 pontiac lemans,79 camaro,74 blazer just to name a few

I might be interested in a club thing also, I live over in Perry, if ya'll wouldn't mind an old guy :tongue3:(well, not too old)and my wife :-*.I am not sure of a club in Tallahassee, but the Capitol Coin shop guy's over by Ross/Bealls/Olive Garden strip mall on Apalachee pkwy& Magnolia have been killin that area for years, super finds too. They sell MD's, Whites, I think.I am not sure there is anything left! :dontknow:

i know those guys. the hit camp leon alot. down off bob miller rd in woodville. i think its camp leon. might be something else. but i know they get some War Between the States stuff out of there. the MD club is still an idea but it could very well become an actuality and i am sure you will be welcome!

Yeah, and Seminole war forts too...what a great area to check, do you know if it on private land? Iwould love to get my hands on some old stuff for a change.I hit my yard every other day or so, I found a 68 rosie, 44 wheat, and a 66 memorial penny this evening, and felt like I did good! I have to get out more! The problem in my area is that all the "open" spots have been pounded for years , leaving zincolns and pop tops for me....those bastards! my youngest daughter just moved from crawfordville to a few miles outside Tallahassee, I will have to hit her yard before the landscapers get there, doesn't look too promising though.You never know though!

i believe it is private. its been a few years since i spoke with them. i was invited to go on a hunt but i think i stayed out late the night before and slept in the next morning. they seem to be good people though.

I didnt know there was a camp off bob miller rd.?I know several people down that way....And those dudes out there at the coin store, seem pretty cool, but dont like giving up info.. :icon_pirat:

i think they might've let me in on it because i bought a tesoro from them. i bought an ace 250 a while later and gave the compadre to my brother. i dont think he has ever used it.might try to talk him out of it when i get back to tally later today.or i may try to get him into it by going to a site and doing some hunting.

Yeah, not trying to be quiet... just hanging around.

I know some of the spots you guys are talking about. I drove by the old house down by Medart a week or two ago. I've never hunted down that way. I tried a little in Appalachicola but it was back when I was new at MDing and probably missed a few good targets. That may be why I only left there with one wheatie and a bunch of clad. I have an 1850 plantation main house to hunt here but I have not found a coin there yet. There were slave quarters there back in the day. I need to get back there and figure out where they were.

well, I made it back to Tallahassee. Been kinda hectic since i got back. sorry I havent been on in the last couple of days. So when would be a good day for all of us to get together to meet and plan? I figure if its during the week then we can meet on a saturday morning and hit some spots. I got permission to take a couple of people to an old family homestead. The house is gone and where it stood is now a cow pasture. There is a swimming hole or two just down the road and some old church sites that have long dissapeared.

Any weekend day is fine for me, Weekdays are possible too, Is there a Hardees or something similiar ,close to where the areas are?Is this in T-town, Woodville, etc? I would love to get together for a little hunting!

Nothing is in Woodville except 1 stop light... :D
I might be heading to Missouri anyday now for about 4-6 weeks...Work calls, I have to get it when and where I can..But right now, I'm still here.

all my spots are in Jefferson and taylor co. I am looking for work myself. i have some work this weekend. Jody,Ashlee is there any chance we could get together tonight at the Salty Dawg say about 8:30 ish. Danny,Cheese,Terryo y'all are more than welcome also but i know its a bit of a drive. especially for Terry.i will pm yall my cell#

Sorry, I was working until after midnight. I didn't see your pm until too late. I wouldn't have been able to make it anyway, but thanks for the invite. I am pretty busy during the summer months (seasonal work) so I wind up doing most of my detecting in the fall and winter. Still, I manage a hunt once in a while during the summer when I can manage it. I'd like to meet y'all sometime.

totally missed it...doing a big wood job and trying to fininsh it up.. I dont drink, but we'll all have to meet up somewhere one day... :)

well, plans have changed. i am headed back to tennessee. i will have better access to the net there. i will keep in touch. perhaps the next time i am down we can all meet. not sure when that will be.

Mr.Jody said:
Nothing is in Woodville except 1 stop light... :D
I might be heading to Missouri anyday now for about 4-6 weeks...Work calls, I have to get it when and where I can..But right now, I'm still here.
1 traffic light. lol
Natural Bridge Battlefield is located in Woodville. I found the Natural Bridge. You know, Andrew Jacksons battlefield. It seems to me that there would(ville) be something there! And a Natural Bridge shares the same treasure symbol of the Spanish Vara, (yard), symbol, " V " .
Wakulla Springs is located in that vicinity. The deepest spring in the world, 183 feet deep! located by Ponce De Leon as "The" - "Fountain Of Youth"! There has GOT to be something in that area for metal detecting.
And there's that famous bridge that "Billy Joe" jumped off of that made a famous suicide song years ago in that area. ..."The day that Billy Joe jumped off the Tallahatchee Bridge"... .
I am down in Cocoa Beach. I went to Lively VoTech up there in 1985-1987. I used to bicycle out to those spots. Nice road trips. Saint Augustine Road is also a famous Canopy road.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back