Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got pretty stormy the other night and I lost a good sized tree from my back yard as a radar indicated tornado passed the edge of my town. It's a mess and will cost me some money to deal with but I am incredibly thankful that we're ok and there wasn't any damage to the house or vehicles. Several towns not far to the East of me suffered far worse with some being nearly completely blown away.

Attachments

• tree1.jpeg
    tree1.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 22
  • tree2.jpeg
    tree2.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 22

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You're lucky it blew down in the opposite direction.
Hope you're able to do it yourself (clean up)

Had a large Poplar Tree fall over part of the barn last year.
Damage was minor-but I took down another 65 trees that needed thinning out.
In my neck of the woods it's a $1000 a tree to fall, buck up, and chip the brush.

OP
OP
jewelerguy

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're lucky it blew down in the opposite direction.
Hope you're able to do it yourself (clean up)

I've got a chainsaw and 'could' mostly do it myself, but I've got bad back issues as well as heart failure, so it's worth it to me to just pay someone to do it. I've got a guy supposed to come in a few days when the ground dries out some so it won't tear my yard up

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fully understand if you have health issues, the $$$ to the guy is well worth it then.
We seemed to have lost a member a few year back-heart issues-downed tree-never heard from @Simon1 again :icon_pale:

OP
OP
jewelerguy

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When Hurricane Isabelle hit Maryland a zillion years ago I lost 8 trees. My neighbors wanted the wood!

I actually just consider this a minor inconvenience and am incredibly thankful that it wasn't worse. Shortly after the storm system passed us the conditions for more violent weather increased. The town of Sulphur, OK is about 60 miles East of me and it was practically wiped out that night along with major damage to several other towns.

OP
OP
jewelerguy

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What kind of tree was that? I don’t recognize the white bark. Glad you’re safe!

it's a Birch tree. It was the only one on my place that I didn't curse every year for making tons of leaves and sticks like my oaks and pecan trees do

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I wanted to cry when I saw what it did to Sulphur. Been there, cool town, camped a few times. I'm from Oklahoma, and I can tell you don't worry, your neighbors will be out to help you out. Just kinda how we did stuff there.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Twisters were everywhere I was watching on the weather channel. I was in one big one in 1974 in Ankeny, Iowa. Thankfully the place I was at wasn't directly hit. I couldn't believe all the damage I was seeing afterwards when I made my way to my folks house to see how they were. It missed them also thank God.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread