So how long is Ebay going to allow this to go on?

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I "bought" a pair of earrings two weeks ago. The seller is a whack job. I have no idea what she was talking about ... that she had to wait until the middle of Oct for the funds to clear, they were going from one account another, I don't know. She wrote long rambling emails, and finally marked the item as shipped. No tracking information. No package. I filed a complaint and immediately got my money back. She never shipped. When I ordered them her feedback was a lot higher. I've been watching it plummet over the past two weeks.
So how long do you think Ebay will allow this seller to continue to list stuff and never ship? If you look at some of the items she did leave feedback for, they were relisted, leaving me to think she never shipped at all.

eBay Feedback Profile for mosaicwhimsey3

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor and Galice Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because eBay is a big corporation. Rules no longer apply!
We need to post all the misfits/non pay/ loony tunes/scammers in a thread here. Whom to block we will call it. Thanks for sharing their name...It IS now on my blocked list!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'm adding a block as well. Thanks!
Oh, I do see this seller has no items currently for sale.

Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!

S

stefen

As a buyer you need to be proactive and research the seller before you enter an auction or hit the buy-now button.

This seller is circling the drain and should be avoided at all costs.

When you open the sellers profile...hit the negative comments first and date the sales if possible.

A cluster of negs is an immediate red flag...

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Were all those negative comments there when you purchased your item?

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
As long as eBay is getting fees from this Seller, they will likely let him or her continue to list items! I have no idea as to this Seller's Feedback history prior to one year ago but he or she has apparently been giving different stories to Buyers and in Feedback rebuttals for more than 6 months now concerning items that were not shipped. So which one is it, a family crisis or PayPal linked to someone else's account and the payments are going there??

Frank

OP
OP
M

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Joe, not all of them. I knew I would get my money back. As of yesterday, she still had stuff up. Maybe my negative feedback pushed it to not allow her to sell?

OP
OP
M

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Tomorrow I'll copy and paste her emails. Maybe you can make sense of what she was saying.

S

stefen

Interesting side-bit, Monday I spent several hours searching ebays site for an opening into their Vehicle Purchase Protection program.

Its like a circle jerk...keep coming full circle.

Finally I found an Ebay Motors land-line number which i called.

Way greeted by a Minney Mouse voiced young lady who couldn't pronounce word greater that one syllable...Asked where she was located...ASIA

She linked me to Ebay Motors VPP tech manager...who also couldn't pronounce word greater that one syllable...Asked where he was located...ASIA also...

He directed me to a link that I'd been searching for...would still be searching...

Interesting venture...and very informative...

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say her and her boyfriend open them account. Then they broke up and she had eBay account in the PayPal money was going to his account. Because she never changed it on eBay. More then likely. Or ex-husband or something along that line. Time to shut that account down I would say.

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say her and her boyfriend open them account. Then they broke up and she had eBay account in the PayPal money was going to his account. Because she never changed it on eBay. More then likely. Or ex-husband or something along that line. Time to shut that account down I would say.
Or a possibly a hacked account.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Curbdog

Feb 1, 2012
North Mid,TN
Detector(s) used
Makro Kruzer, Quest Q20
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had an Ebay seller send an item to my secondary address and not my primary. The default address for my PayPal was ignored too! I demanded a refund as the seller did NOT want to communicate.

I left negative feedback based on the lack of communication. EBay deleted my negative feedback saying "the issue was resolved with the seller." Wow, That showed me that EBay is NOT there for the buyer but only has the seller's interests.

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had an Ebay seller send an item to my secondary address and not my primary. The default address for my PayPal was ignored too! I demanded a refund as the seller did NOT want to communicate.

I left negative feedback based on the lack of communication. EBay deleted my negative feedback saying "the issue was resolved with the seller." Wow, That showed me that EBay is NOT there for the buyer but only has the seller's interests.

No, eBay is most definitely out for the buyer, not the seller. Technically, it was delivered through tracking to an address on your account, so that is why the ruled for the seller. You should have still gotten it if your secondary address was on your account.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Why wouldn't you have picked it up from your secondary address if that was the case? Perhaps you should remove that address if it is not a viable one. You can't leave negative feedback when an item shows as delivered. That's your mistake for having one too many addresses connected to your account.
No, eBay is most definitely out for the buyer, not the seller. Technically, it was delivered through tracking to an address on your account, so that is why the ruled for the seller. You should have still gotten it if your secondary address was on your account.
I don't believe ebay is "out" for anyone but themselves in the grand scheme of things. I believe as long as you know the rules and procedures and follow those rules and procedures then it's not that bad of a system for either party. Granted every now and then crappy stuff happens but then that's life in general, not limited to ebay.

Last edited:

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't believe ebay is "out" for anyone but themselves in the grand scheme of things. I believe as long as you know the rules and procedures and follow those rules and procedures then it's not that bad of a system for either party. Granted every now and then crappy stuff happens but then that's life in general, not limited to ebay.

I agree. :thumbsup: I guess I should have added "if anyone" to my post.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, That showed me that EBay is NOT there for the buyer but only has the seller's interests.

never heard that angle before.
I am sure ebay has employees who all they have to do is come up with new rules that sellers have to follow and then write reasons why they are good for sellers.
(they are all ex politicians)

as a side bar, I looked up politician on google: a person who acts in a manipulative and devious way, typically to gain advancement within an organization ;)

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Bassmaster96 wrote, "Technically, it was delivered through tracking to an address on your account, so that is why the ruled for the seller. You should have still gotten it if your secondary address was on your account."

diggummup wrote, "Why wouldn't you have picked it up from your secondary address if that was the case? Perhaps you should remove that address if it is not a viable one. You can't leave negative feedback when an item shows as delivered. That's your mistake for having one too many addresses connected to your account."

After my dad passed away, the wife and I were making 1,100+ mile trips from our home down there, sometimes for weeks at a time. While there, there were several things we needed to order and have delivered. Do you think it would make a difference to "us" which address the seller shipped to?!?!? If a seller specifies a particular address up front, then that is the address that should be shipped to. If the seller tries to change the address after the fact, THEN that would be unacceptable.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread