Seperation in metal detecting

Jollyrodger1

Apr 11, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m not going to argue about which either minelab or xp deus is best in separation, however from many videos seems to be xp deus 2. There’s not a perfect detector however eliminates iron, junk, ets etc sure helps considering we’ve polluted the ground terribly with cans, pull tabs etc. oh when hunting in the woods for old foundations finding iron isn’t a bad thing it tells you your close to something interesting, opinions appreciated.

Nathan W

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2023
A lot of times depending on the area or age of the spot I will go all metal at first , but hey there are some cool hand forged items out there for sure

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when hunting in the woods for old foundations finding iron isn’t a bad thing it tells you your close to something interesting,
Especially if you find "even more iron" to be interesting. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
J

Jollyrodger1

Apr 11, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes if coins are non ferrous they are not magnetic, however in terms of determining the iron is related to relics of many sorts, yes nails. Why can’t they eliminate the aluminum in the sensitive if you can with iron. Doesn’t seem to difficult unless it’s to risky because other metals are parts of other minerals that would otherwise signal a good or bad target, any metals experts can explain

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions