Possible grinding stone?

Oct 2, 2012
Detector(s) used
Cabella's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSCN6021.JPGDSCN6022.JPGDSCN6023.JPGDSCN6024.JPGDSCN6025.JPGDSCN6026.JPGDSCN6027.JPGDSCN6028.JPGDSCN6029.JPGDSCN6030.JPG:icon_scratch:

Upvote 1
The whole rock is pretty smooth, it does nest in my hands

Bake at 400 and serve hot! It does look like a potato but it does not show any signs of man upon it or ever water tumble. I would list it on e-bay as a potato fossil and see what happens.

I see no signs of man's hand on it.

....Have a few right and left Mano stones. Grasp it and feel if it "nests" in either of your hands. I feel a "warmth" from these stones.
Do you notice a worn side ?

Just because a stone "rests in your hand" does not make it an artifact. You can pick up almost any stone and turn it in your hand and you will find a place where it fits really well. That's just the way hands work.

That stone shows no signs of ever being altered or utilized by man.

Just because a stone "rests in your hand" does not make it an artifact. You can pick up almost any stone and turn it in your hand and you will find a place where it fits really well. That's just the way hands work.

That stone shows no signs of ever being altered or utilized by man.

Totally correct, every rock I have ever picked up will fit in my hand if I turned it in enough directions, that has been the error of new collectors for as long as I have collected (37 years), I sure far longer than that too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back