Looking for info on a coin I found today on the beach in NC. TIA!!

dianediane

Mar 20, 2024
IMG_5715.jpeg
IMG_5715.jpeg
IMG_5716.jpeg
IMG_5717.jpeg

Upvote 11
Tourist souvenir (copy), the raised lip around the edge is a major red flag.

Yup plated pot metal. I found a tiny part of one on a beach in New Jersey. I remember when my aunt went to the outbanks when I was a kid she brought me back some treasure map with some replica cobs. Still have them in a little treasure chest along with a replica 1739 8 real.

Yup plated pot metal. I found a tiny part of one on a beach in New Jersey. I remember when my aunt went to the outbanks when I was a kid she brought me back some treasure map with some replica cobs. Still have them in a little treasure chest along with a replica 1739 8 real.
Thanks! That is a nice story. Somehow people throwing them in the ocean just to possibly fool someone decades later, but likely never, didn’t compute. But I can totally see kids dropping or burying them in the sand. Now I just need to find a chestful! We’re in Topsail, maybe it washed down here from OB.

Thanks! That is a nice story. Somehow people throwing them in the ocean just to possibly fool someone decades later, but likely never, didn’t compute. But I can totally see kids dropping or burying them in the sand. Now I just need to find a chestful! We’re in Topsail, maybe it washed down here from OB.
Thanks for the post DD.
I would have soiled myself if I found that.
MM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back