Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have two jars of coins that is getting full,one of solely pennies and one of quarters,dimes,and nickels. I usually take them to Kroger to put in the Coinstar machine.If I were to get really bored one day,what types of coins should I look for that might be of value or is this too general of a question? Thanks.

Any dime or quarter that is 1964 or earlier. With the Pennies there are allot of varieties to look for. I would list sine if them but I'm using my phone to post this. Google Lincoln cent varieties.

I recommend getting a current year coin book. I have one and consult it often. HH

Don't go to coin star a lot of banks have these coin type machines now and they don't charge!!! Just call around

I have two jars of coins that is getting full,one of solely pennies and one of quarters,dimes,and nickels. I usually take them to Kroger to put in the Coinstar machine.If I were to get really bored one day,what types of coins should I look for that might be of value or is this too general of a question? Thanks.

Oh also if you cash in alot of clad invest in a rock tumbler from harbor freight online there like 30 or 40 bucks and you will never hand clean your clad again!! Lol! Just put a couple hand fills in and flip the switch it will be clean in an hour or so!!!!

Coily,

There is a mag.," Coin Prices", and it's published monthly, and has all the information you're looking for in a continually updated format.

dear coily,
If you find any morgan dollars send them to me asap.

Thanks for the replies guys.We have a coin book around here somewhere. I know real silver when I see it but just wondered what key dates to look for in pennies and dimes.Jeff ya goober! :laughing7:

hey Jack! I'm no goober. where did you southern girls get that term anyways?
What would you do with a morgan? you don't wear shoes!

My sister calls me a goober,its a term of endearment kinda sorta. I do so wear shoes! In all seriousness I love all those old silver coins,there's just something about them besides monetary value.

I know, me too. I have like 4 morgans from the 1800's. I love thinking about all the people who held them and what they may have bought.
I know it's dumb, but I like to think it's romantic

That era in general is romantic, a gentler time for sure.

If you don't save Brass/ Copper cents it's generally a waste of time ; unless all you have is spare time . As always in MY OPINION......Davers

I save all '82 & before Memorials, they're copper with a melt value of about .04 cents.

Why do members always report false information. Pre 82 cents are a little over 2 cent melt. Plus, you didn't mention wheatbacks.
HH
enamel7

Why do members always report false information. Pre 82 cents are a little over 2 cent melt. Plus, you didn't mention wheatbacks.
HH
enamel7

Looked the price up, and you're right on that - currently @ .0243. Bad info first time around.

And, WHY would wheats even be considered? We all save them! Nostalgia if nothing else.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back