tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm up in the area of NW Colo. SW Wyo this week. At a roadside pull over there is some info on this volcanic uplift know as "Fortifications Rocks" named, as it was used for a fortification by native peoples. The place is known also for a good place to hunt Rattle Snakes. There was this old photo on the info board of a young girl proudly displaying herself draped with some of the catch. I could only imagine the hell I'd catch if my wife was to find out I took my young daughters out for an activity such as hunting Rattle Snakes and dressing them up with dead snakes for a picture. I could just hear my wife say "what the Hell were you thinking" taking them out looking for rattle snakes ... duhhhh! they thought it be fun :dontknow:

Attachments

• fortify rocks 1.jpg
    fortify rocks 1.jpg
    715 KB · Views: 1,162
  • fortify rocks 2.jpg
    fortify rocks 2.jpg
    716.5 KB · Views: 583
What a interesting post....the "Fortifications Rocks" looks like the back of a Dragon...so appropriate for having rattlers there. And that picture of the girl with the "wrap of rattlers"...reminds me of a story my mom tells of how her brother would chase & throw half dead rattlers on her for fun...that's Texas entertainment. ;) Thanks for sharing the story with us tamrock.

Interesting photos, Tamrock. Never heard of the place. Thanks for the info and pics.

Interesting rock formations! :thumbsup: Now there's one young lady that isn't afraid of a snake or two.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back