Fake Teknetics T2 Detectors on the market..

JohnnieWalker

Nov 30, 2009
Zebulon NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari Teknetics T2
Who could make a T2 cheaper than the Chinese who are already making them? I mean, it's not like these are being bootlegged manufactured in Silicon Valley. How are these "fakes" different? how do we identify a fake?
I just bought one, it hasn't arrived yet.

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
Seen on the site alibaba dot com & the person that makes them is in Indonesia. Gives name of person & company, address, phone number, prices & minimum order requirements.

Many other counterfeit detectors are available if anyone orders them. The large minumum qty per model seems to indicate they aren't manufactured until after the money is received. So not all models listed may have been produced yet. The minimum order is something like 50-100 identical units, so $15,000-20,000++ per model.

There was someone on eBay a few months ago doing 1 day auctions, it seemed, with 50 or more listed starting at well under $100 & it didn't say reserve not met but I scrolled down & it said he couldn't honor the bids, only buy it now for something like $1,700. This was when factory & dealers could not provide them due to the African gold rush. I haven't gone back to alibaba to see if the ad is still there, but those eBay ads are gone. Best wishes, George (MN)

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The auctions you saw were pure rippoffs. Someone was hijacking legitimate sellers accounts and pulling that crap.

dfg4240

Jun 26, 2008
Pittsford,NY
Detector(s) used
whites eagle Spectrum. Mxt, Silver umax, Bandido ll umax, X-terra 70, Xterra-705, fisher F5, fisher CZ-70 pro
(3)Tejons, 3-Cibola, Teknetics T2, minelab Safari. Minelab SE Pro, Fisher CZ-3d. (2)el
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I almost bought a omega 8000 on you know where and it said BIN for $599 or best offer and some were getting them for a little over $425 and I noticed the ones from Kellyco and the ones sold in the forum have red lines on the face of the detector but these have black lines and someone said they were for international not domestic.Domestic ones were red.
Just wondering
David

turtlefoot13

Aug 23, 2009
The Ozarks, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
JohnnieWalker said:
Who could make a T2 cheaper than the Chinese who are already making them? I mean, it's not like these are being bootlegged manufactured in Silicon Valley. How are these "fakes" different? how do we identify a fake?
I just bought one, it hasn't arrived yet.

I thought the T2 was made in the USA?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread