Easter Oregon wild west treasure

May 3, 2016
Umatilla county, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Prospector
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am on the hunt for lost treasure in Eastern Oregon. I live in Umatilla county and i am surrounded with tales of lost gold mines, indian caches, and buried bandit loot. I have heard a story since I was younger about a bandit cache located in Stage Gulch. Stage Gulch is a shallow narrow valley between Pendleton and Standfield Oregon. This was the only route connecting the gold mines in the northeastern Blue Mtns. to the Columbia landing at Umatilla. I will post some updates as this excursion developes and I am open to creating partnerships with intrested individuals in the area. I am thinking about using a page on my website to document my endeavors.

This is the stretch i will be driving this morning. I am just gonna do some visual recon and snap some photos.

Attachments

• 1462889241222.jpg
    1462889241222.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 201
I tried to concentrate on geological features that would have withstood the test of time. They were few and far between. My next step is to get a list of all the landowners in the Gulch.

Attachments

• 1462909780075.jpg
    1462909780075.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 166
  • 1462909830295.jpg
    1462909830295.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 129
  • 1462909844495.jpg
    1462909844495.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 127
Good luck on this quest! I have done well on landowners using the county GIS online to identify who I need to contact for permission.

Watch out for snakes!!

I think I have an old book with lots of info your seeking, for your general location. I'll dig around tonight and try to find it. Keep up updated.

I am on the hunt for lost treasure in Eastern Oregon. I live in Umatilla county and i am surrounded with tales of lost gold mines, indian caches, and buried bandit loot. I have heard a story since I was younger about a bandit cache located in Stage Gulch. Stage Gulch is a shallow narrow valley between Pendleton and Standfield Oregon. This was the only route connecting the gold mines in the northeastern Blue Mtns. to the Columbia landing at Umatilla. I will post some updates as this excursion developes and I am open to creating partnerships with intrested individuals in the area. I am thinking about using a page on my website to document my endeavors.
Hope you meant to say Stanfield Oregon, not Standfield Oregon. I know where one of these is located in Oregon, but have not heard of the latter.

I would like to maybe talk to you about this. I live in hermiston. I drove the road and looking for more information about it. I'm only getting bits and pieces of the story. I seen a big rock and a small pile of rocks near some trees. I have a metal detectors.

ive been reading up on a few of these stories im a young 23 year old guy looking to get into this stuff , i hunt and fish so im used to harsh rugged terain i also know the gulch well as ive driven it 100s of times if youd like to maybe chat please shoot me an email at; [email protected]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back