Did the older Dutch hunters just miss it?

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
A very good friend of mine asked me a question, and I don’t know the answers. I have only speculations.

The question was
“have there been Dutch hunters that followed the clues, and could only get part way, then wrote a book about it?”

Another way to admit … What clues seemed to be good but then the trail died out ?

And one that nobody seems to answer, how far has anyone gotten?

My contention, would be 99.99% that got close, never wrote a book, …. Oh, maybe shared with a friend or partner, but that’s it.

To me, these are the real questions.
What worked?
What areas have actually been crossed off the list.

I have my viewpoints, and most of you have heard them…. In spades. 🥹
If I were to sum it up, I would contend that the LDM is right out there, and simply just got overlooked 🥳🤓

Is it time to take a closer look at where the old timers looked?

Come on guys, let’s here it.😁

Idahodutch

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
A very good friend of mine asked me a question, and I do know the answers. I have only speculations.

The question was
“have there been Dutch hunters that followed the clues, and could only get part way, then wrote a book about it?”

Another way to admit … What clues seemed to be good but then the trail died out ?

My contention, would be 99.99% that got close, never wrote a book, …. Oh, maybe sheared with a friend or partner, but that’s it.

What worked?

If I were to sum it up, I would contend that the LDM is right out there, and simply just got overlooked 🥳🤓

Idahodutch
Maybe I’m asking too soon, and everybody is still looking, sniffing the ground 😂😂😂

When was the last time one of you went out looking for the next clue….

Any of you willing to share how it’s going?
We all seem interested, in these questions, but are we willing to share ….. perhaps what did not work ?

Something for thanksgiving maybe 🤓
Happy holidays everybody.
Idahodutch …..

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe I’m asking too soon, and everybody is still looking, sniffing the ground 😂😂😂

When was the last time one of you went out looking for the next clue….

Any of you willing to share how it’s going?
We all seem interested, in these questions, but are we willing to share ….. perhaps what did not work ?

Something for thanksgiving maybe 🤓
Happy holidays everybody.
Idahodutch …..
I will share one thing, that seems to have helped, but who really knows.

I tried to stay focused on only one treasure story. I still get distracted, but for the most part, any movements forward in the search, are longtime coming, and few and far between. Perhaps some crucial information would have or could have slipped right passed 🤷🏼‍♂️.

I do better when focus is not spread out.

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Something that only recently, did I see the huge advantage of, was taking pictures, while out checking out spots of interest.
I believe I have found LDM clues, at home, while looking at photographs 🤓🥳
Maybe not, but I sure missed stuff while out in the field. 😵‍💫😳
Proof is in the photographs 🥹

Matthew Roberts

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2013
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20231119_112042.jpg
20231119_112125.jpg
20231119_112135.jpg

The old timers did not go public with their searches and discoveries. No one seriously searching would give away their deepest knowledge. They would talk in general about many things but never divulge what they felt important and vital to their search.
The photos show a detailed ore analysis done by an old dutch hunter in the early 1960's.
It is not just an assay but a three page detailed analysis report by a certified assayer and also field geologists who went on site to where the ore sample was taken.
The blackouts are to protect the owner and certain things on the report.
This is an example the length the old timers went to with their searches.
They ran down their clues and sources and when something important was found this is how they proceeded.

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 2115934 View attachment 2115935 View attachment 2115936
The old timers did not go public with their searches and discoveries. No one seriously searching would give away their deepest knowledge. They would talk in general about many things but never divulge what they felt important and vital to their search.
The photos show a detailed ore analysis done by an old dutch hunter in the early 1960's.
It is not just an assay but a three page detailed analysis report by a certified assayer and also field geologists who went on site to where the ore sample was taken.
The blackouts are to protect the owner and certain things on the report.
This is an example the length the old timers went to with their searches.
They ran down their clues and sources and when something important was found this is how they proceeded.
Thank you Matthew,
A good reminder that it wasn’t that long ago, that the superstition wilderness area, was a different place, with different rules.

Not all that long ago, it was a wild place, one that consumed many that dared to venture into.

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you Matthew,
A good reminder that it wasn’t that long ago, that the superstition wilderness area, was a different place, with different rules.

Not all that long ago, it was a wild place, one that consumed many that dared to venture into.
Matthew,
The 3 page report, is 3 different copies (all part of page 1 of 3).
I think that it might have been intended to show all 3 pages, but looks like somehow just parts of page 1 are attached.

I was hoping there might be some elaboration on the “why” it was standard to follow up a discovery with a mineral claim, back when the superstition wilderness area, was open for claims.
Otherwise a person could find the LDM, but then someone else could beat them the filing a claim on it. End up losing their find.

Today, the rules are different, and no more filing claims are permitted in the superstition wilderness area.

We can look around. Even collect samples of something we think may be interesting, but that’s about it.

Today, if someone found the LDM, they could get samples. How many trips of gathering samples before it was considered mining? Probably the 2nd trip?

The superstition wilderness area, is a different place now, with different rules.

Idahodutch.

Matthew Roberts

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2013
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Matthew,
The 3 page report, is 3 different copies (all part of page 1 of 3).
I think that it might have been intended to show all 3 pages, but looks like somehow just parts of page 1 are attached.

I was hoping there might be some elaboration on the “why” it was standard to follow up a discovery with a mineral claim, back when the superstition wilderness area, was open for claims.
Otherwise a person could find the LDM, but then someone else could beat them the filing a claim on it. End up losing their find.

Today, the rules are different, and no more filing claims are permitted in the superstition wilderness area.

We can look around. Even collect samples of something we think may be interesting, but that’s about it.

Today, if someone found the LDM, they could get samples. How many trips of gathering samples before it was considered mining? Probably the 2nd trip?

The superstition wilderness area, is a different place now, with different rules.

Idahodutch.
The complete report is 3 pages long. What I posted is page 1 of the 3.
There was good reason for the owner to have pursued such a detailed report.
Again, there is so much more to this story but as I said before, the old timers, the serious searchers do not divulge everything they know.
If you believe nothing has ever been found it is because you have never read about it or been told about it.

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
The complete report is 3 pages long. What I posted is page 1 of the 3.
There was good reason for the owner to have pursued such a detailed report.
Again, there is so much more to this story but as I said before, the old timers, the serious searchers do not divulge everything they know.
If you believe nothing has ever been found it is because you have never read about it or been told about it.
Hello Matthew,
I think we’re talking about different things. I wasn’t contesting the reason for the assay report, or why some of it was kept private.

if you are asking what I believe, and then provide my answers, ….. then I think we might have a hard time talking. 🤷🏼‍♂️

If there are things things that you would seriously like to talk about, I’m open to talking. It’s up to you.
Idahodutch

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Idahodutch
You are misunderstanding what I am trying to say and show you.

I thought your thread was, .. Did the older Dutch hunters just miss it ?
Matthew,
I don’t believe I have misunderstood anything. Sometimes it seems like things have a mind of their own. Like they’re wanting to be known.
Perhaps time will tell 😉
Idahodutch

i am the horse

Apr 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A very good friend of mine asked me a question, and I don’t know the answers. I have only speculations.

The question was

My contention, would be 99.99% that got close, never wrote a book, …. Oh, maybe shared with a friend or partner, but that’s it.

What worked?

Idahodutch
I know where I would go... but I choose life. things just got a bit too weird, unnatural, unreal, unbelievable......call it what you will.i call it impossible.

the broken heart on that map..well. ..impossible for man to make..maybe not impossible, but extremely difficult..near impossible...I couldn't duplicate it in my yard if I tried.but it is there. right where its suppose to be..... . but this whole thing is outta my league.........thats why ii quit the hunt 5 years ago.. I still check in on here every now and then. its the same old story, just different people....no helpful info from myself or anyone else for that matter.. but its good bathroom reading material.. only person that makes sense to myself on here is H—- ——E .peace out

Last edited:

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I am in agreement with the original post. The old timers missed it. The clues are vague enough that they will fit multiple locations and worse clues that relate to different lost mines have been mixed with the original clues from Waltz.

Please do continue

😁

Roy! Good to see you post again. Hope you are doing well and are in good health.

Merry Christmas to you and happy new year.

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes 🙌🏻
It would have been like getting a free pass back stage. Getting to see what everyone’s search area looked like (sort of 😁)

Real time is probably available if you have enough power
or money 😬

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
It would have been like getting a free pass back stage. Getting to see what everyone’s search area looked like (sort of 😁)

Real time is probably available if you have enough power
or money 😬
Waltz could have just pulled up google earth and pointed to it ☺️

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

The question was

What worked?

Idahodutch
Coming in late here...
Man that raised me (or tried to)when I wasn't with my Dad , traveled after retirement and after buying a place in AZ.
. He/they'd traveled the S.W. long prior and really liked it. Till he couldn't.
But all the ruins and sites visited they likely never took a pebble to my knowledge. And that is good.

One conversation we had before even shouting wasn't loud enough to ; he told of desert rats.
His wife liked desert glass for it's sake. He didn't like touristy stuff so they were back of yonder type camped when / as possible type camping while dragging a big fifth wheel. And so they encountered some quieter folks sometimes.
What got me was how he'd describe a desert rat (his term for a guy scroungin /prospecting ect.) being a rough character but with a sharp eye for any stone or anything that was worth anything.
Then described some of the gem types or whatever someone showed him last.

IF such traffic was near a mine I'd wager the mine wouldn't be too secret to a finder anyways.
It's a trained through experience eye and senses.
Hints of the mine not being in a conspicuous or trafficked spot make sense.
A trick to the trail , of a twist to the nearby but missing it eye.

But why would someone who rambles about the desert and known for being near threadbare advertise such a find? They'd never be viewed the same. And be conspicuous in their every move. Publicity can and has driven people away from where they were established and mostly content. Not everyone is out of doors sleeping for hope of wealth or recognition.
Would such a character hide the site more if possible?

Some likely missed it that were likely to have advertised.
Hard tellin if everyone else has.

An overlay of all the feet pitty pattering around the area thoughout history isn't going to happen....Would be highly entertaining after the site is identified though!

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Roy! Good to see you post again. Hope you are doing well and are in good health.

Merry Christmas to you and happy new year.
Thanks and Merry Christmas to you and everyone reading this. I am still above ground so not giving up just yet 😁

On the question of if the old timers had access to GE if they would have found it, in my opinion no they wouldn’t. The people who were closest to Jacob Waltz were told how to find it and they couldn’t find it. I think it’s well hidden and not going to be found easily unless another earthquake accidentally uncovers it.

Please do continue just expressing my opinion which if you add $5 to it you’ll have $5 😁

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread