Are there 2 LDMs ?

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Homar,
Somehow you have gotten the impression I think Waltz’s mines are pit mines?
You know as well as I do, that a post like, doesn’t mean agreeing 😜

I have to dispute the claim you insinuate, I fail to see where anybody provided any proof to the contrary of the Bick’s Jan. 1895 story.

Only opinions 😉
Wow, you and many sure grabbed onto that quick 😕

No condolences needed here 😂👍
Howdy Idahodutch,

My intension was to address the topic of this thread, but tend to get off topic trying to respond to others. I was just trying to make it clear that there is just one LDM, not two, and that it was not a pit mine like many others claim. The Holmes Manuscript reveals this from one of the only two persons that heard Waltz's confession. Many claim it was a pit mine but fail to show where Waltz mentioned that.

If you are referring to the first gorge clue of Bick's Jan. 13, 1895 article, I do believe he got it wrong. Just like the two room house in a cave. When he found the two room house in a cave, he assumed it was the two room house Waltz mentioned to Julia. In his confession, Waltz does not state that it was in a cave. Bick's find was way out of the five mile circle. That's two things that show you Bick's find was not a Waltz clue.

On the first gorge clue, I believe it was the monumented trail that made Bick believe he had found the correct gorge. The Spanish marked the trails to several mines in my opinion. The 18 dots in the PSM's are trail markers, and they were all different. Some were stone monuments, while others were stones in saguaros, and others stones in trees. Waltz talks about this in his confession. He said some were so wedged in, he had to use an axe to remove them. This is why one of his clues was a tree with a cut branch.

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Homar,
If I ever get to finish checking things out, I may be able to speak to the events talked about in that article, when Waltz was reaching the mine, and after.
So far, things are spot on 🤓👍

If you have something I missed about this, please fill me in 😁🤗
Howdy Idahodutch,

I really hope you do get to finish your search, and find something. I will be all ears, in the front row.:occasion14:

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Howdy Idahodutch,

My intension was to address the topic of this thread, but tend to get off topic trying to respond to others. I was just trying to make it clear that there is just one LDM, not two, and that it was not a pit mine like many others claim. The Holmes Manuscript reveals this from one of the only two persons that heard Waltz's confession. Many claim it was a pit mine but fail to show where Waltz mentioned that.

If you are referring to the first gorge clue of Bick's Jan. 13, 1895 article, I do believe he got it wrong. Just like the two room house in a cave. When he found the two room house in a cave, he assumed it was the two room house Waltz mentioned to Julia. In his confession, Waltz does not state that it was in a cave. Bick's find was way out of the five mile circle. That's two things that show you Bick's find was not a Waltz clue.

On the first gorge clue, I believe it was the monumented trail that made Bick believe he had found the correct gorge. The Spanish marked the trails to several mines in my opinion. The 18 dots in the PSM's are trail markers, and they were all different. Some were stone monuments, while others were stones in saguaros, and others stones in trees. Waltz talks about this in his confession. He said some were so wedged in, he had to use an axe to remove them. This is why one of his clues was a tree with a cut branch.
Good morning Homar,
No worries on being off topic …. I don’t think we are, it’s all related.
Bick’s Jan 1895 article, the info from the woman clearly talks of 2 mines.
And some history/activity for each.

I have not seen anywhere else that speaks to 2 mines….. other than some clues about the mines.
It used to confuse me, that mine descriptions, openings, locations, surrounding terrain, etc …. Seem to be almost describing different mines.

Even Holmes manuscript, gives hints to the 2nd mine.
You and I had fun speculating about what in the world was at the hidden camp, that was so important, that Waltz wanted Holmes to go all the way back around to the mouth of the canyon below, and back up to the hidden camp …., just to be told to go back up high again.

I really think he (Waltz) started to give wrong direction for a second, then continued to give Holmes the path to the upper mine … the shaft mine (inclined shaft).

The hidden camp is the only way to find the 2nd mine, the one he gave Julia directions to find ….. “not more than 200’ directly across the canyon from the hidden camp” ….. actually I think the wording is just the opposite … as if to locate the hidden camp, to verify location of 2nd mine before digging, was the intent.

The incline shaft mine up above, was the one given to Holmes, hence his special clues to go back up from the hidden camp, for further instruction.

The 2nd mine is same altitude as hidden camp, hence the instruction to go directly across the canyon (same altitude), a specific distance.

The upper mine is much more difficult to get to, and the mine according to Waltz was then about 75’ deep. It makes sense to give the harder one to Holmes.
To Julia, he was giving instruction to the cache and 2nd mine…
Hence clues like ….. can’t find one without the other. (mine/cache)
The cache is buried on top of the mine.

I want to give some thoughts about Bick, but need to get my thoughts right first. It will still be on topic🤓

Edit: it is my opinion that it is the 2nd mine that many think does not exist … such as yourself; The mine directly across from the hidden camp.

The large gold deposit we located, is not more than 200’ directly across the canyon from the shallow cave we found, that had remnants of the hidden camp inside. So the one that supposedly doesn’t exist, is the one we found.

Good news right 😁
It increases the odds greatly, for existence of the 1st LDM mine up above.

I haven’t made it up to that area yet. There is a little hidden valley up there.

Remember when we were all looking at the “possible hidden camp”, and the Holmes directions for finding it came to life ….. Matthew got very excited and directed to me, that if he were me, he would drop everything, and immediately go up towards ….. that area (near where the hidden valley is located).

I’m an old man, I went for the easier one instead 🤓. ( I also had some additional info for the mine across from the camp, that fit perfectly with the info from “the woman).

Easier in sense that it less effort to get to …. I would guess that the pile of rock on top of the mine, is in the neighborhood of 75-100 tons of rock.
So yeah, I’m not too worried about someone digging it up 😁🥳🤓👍

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Idahodutch wrote : " The 2nd mine is same altitude as hidden camp, hence the instruction to go directly across the canyon (same altitude), a specific distance. "

I believe " directly " is for direction and not for altitude. Also the clues tell something else, so let's work out some clues in regards to find out the truth:

One clue says how to reach Waltz's mine, you can't approach from above or below but only from the side. This means how below the mine is very steep almost a drop off, and above is a mountain cliff or a large obstacle. On one side it's the steep ravine, which can't be passed through, so remains only one option from the side beyond the mine, looking from the camp side. So, someone can see from the camp's side, the mine's location and a small portion of the region beyond the mine ( at the same altitude with the mine ), because of the large obstacle above the mine.

Now we go to the German clue which says how the three caches ( diggings ) are not afar each other and also are not in sight each other, but from the camp's shallow cave you can see all of them. This shows how the camp side is higher than the mine's side, because was able to see al the diggings which are not in sight each other.

From my research, I found the camp's side it's about 20 feet higher than the mine's side. Just saying.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello markmar,
I cannot give the answer about the German clue as I did not check that clue while in there.
I can say that there is NOT a straight line that can be walked from the hidden camp, directly across to the mine but need to follow the contours of terrain while traversing directly across at the same elevation….. so it is just like the clue, even if I don’t paint a good picture, it doesn’t change how it is.
Waltz says to go directly across the canyon ….. that doesn’t mean up or down👍 …. As far as having to get to it from the side ….. that would depend on which of the two mines are in question.
For one, answer is yes, only the side.
For the other mine, answer is no.
🤓
Maybe you should think about coming along next time 👍😃
I think we could get along ok 😁🥴

Gary M Herndon

Dec 22, 2022
Idahodutch wrote : " The 2nd mine is same altitude as hidden camp, hence the instruction to go directly across the canyon (same altitude), a specific distance. "

I believe " directly " is for direction and not for altitude. Also the clues tell something else, so let's work out some clues in regards to find out the truth:

One clue says how to reach Waltz's mine, you can't approach from above or below but only from the side. This means how below the mine is very steep almost a drop off, and above is a mountain cliff or a large obstacle. On one side it's the steep ravine, which can't be passed through, so remains only one option from the side beyond the mine, looking from the camp side. So, someone can see from the camp's side, the mine's location and a small portion of the region beyond the mine ( at the same altitude with the mine ), because of the large obstacle above the mine.

Now we go to the German clue which says how the three caches ( diggings ) are not afar each other and also are not in sight each other, but from the camp's shallow cave you can see all of them. This shows how the camp side is higher than the mine's side, because was able to see al the diggings which are not in sight each other.

From my research, I found the camp's side it's about 20 feet higher than the mine's side. Just saying.
In Jacob Waltz canyon where the LDM sits along with 8 other mine entrances, the LDM is at base level. The House Foundation sits above the LDM and it is written by Waltz own words that "You cannot get to my camp because it is too steep, Go to the Head of the canyon and walk to it". There is only ONE LDM. This "I Believe" is only an opinion, for me "I Know" because of experience. The caches are in sight of each other when standing in the opening of the cave with the stone house in it. The camp sits above the mine but two caches are said to be mexican and two are Waltz own, one small cach Walta stated he removed later that he was living on up to his death. The camp site is 47 feet above the LDM.... "Experience pays off when you can talk about something you have experience in". Y'all have a good day! Tomorrow is my 60th Bday!

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
In Jacob Waltz canyon where the LDM sits along with 8 other mine entrances, the LDM is at base level. The House Foundation sits above the LDM and it is written by Waltz own words that "You cannot get to my camp because it is too steep, Go to the Head of the canyon and walk to it". There is only ONE LDM. This "I Believe" is only an opinion, for me "I Know" because of experience. The caches are in sight of each other when standing in the opening of the cave with the stone house in it. The camp sits above the mine but two caches are said to be mexican and two are Waltz own, one small cach Walta stated he removed later that he was living on up to his death. The camp site is 47 feet above the LDM.... "Experience pays off when you can talk about something you have experience in". Y'all have a good day! Tomorrow is my 60th Bday!
Hello Gary,
I found a post by Matthew Roberts, where he states how the wording from Waltz supposedly went.

nobodie,

Here are the directions Waltz gave to Dick Holmes and Gideon Roberts, word for word, no additions, no deletions, no interpretations.

" Go to first water, then to second water, then take the old government trail to San Carlos. Where the trail turns south you will see over the point of a ridge a rock standing in the brush that looks like a man. This is where I always leave the trail. Go to the left of the trail and follow up the long ridge and you will come to a saddle. In this saddle is a round Indian ruin of rocks. Go through this saddle and on up a low ridge, and when you get to the highest point of the ridge you can look north and the four peaks are lined up to look as one peak. In the other direction you will see a high needle. In the canyon under you is my hidden camp. You cant get down there because its too steep, go to the mouth of the canyon and then back. You can find the rock house with very little difficulty. You won't be able to see it until you are right up on it. After you find the camp then come back out of the canyon. (Here Waltz gave a direction to the mine that Holmes and Roberts kept secret). You will never be able to find the mine until you first find the rock house as the opening is completely hidden. A prospector won't find it because there is no ledge in view. In the mine you will find about $75,000 dollars in gold ore already dug out. I dug the outcropping away and covered all signs of my digging."

Anything else you have read or heard came from someone else and cannot be 100 % relied upon. If you are relying on clues or statements other than what you see here, you are following some bad information you got from someone or some Dutchman book.

Matthew
We see the wording is not as you have put.
I wouldn’t bother saying anything, other than you are posting incorrect information onto my thread 😎
Have a good day Gary.

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Howdy Idahodutch,

I really hope you do get to finish your search, and find something. I will be all ears, in the front row.:occasion14:
Good morning Homar,
I’d been having some concern as to if I would ever be able to make it back into the wilderness. My body is pretty broken down…. Part of life.

A week ago Thursday, I had a dentist appointment for an abscess , but my blood pressure was way too high for the dentist to work on me. It was really high …… the dentist ran it twice, and it was 205/125.
I went home and tried unsuccessfully to lower it. So we ended up at urgent care, and was sent to emergency in the next town.
The ER was unable to lower my blood pressure and transferred me to a hospital in a bigger town, one with cardiologists on staff.
So an ambulance transport, then to ICU, and finally, after pumping me full of all kinds of stuff, the got my blood pressure to come down.
The next day was the cathlab…. Instead of open heart surgery, the went in at my wrist through an artery with catheters… and all the way to my heart.
I had blockages in 3 arteries there. They were able to clean out 2 of them and installed stints. Then Wednesday I was taken back to the cath lab to finish clearing the obstructions, and another 2 stints.

I got to come home night before last.
This morning I woke with much improved outlook on life 😁👍

If time and resource allows, I’m going back in next fall 🤓
I find myself getting excited again.

Oh, I quit smoking tobacco after many decades …. It been over 5 weeks since I’ve had any nicotine 🥳🥳🥳
I think about it more than I want, but it’s getting less often now 🥹

I’m up and walking around. 😉👍
And smiling 🤓

Idahodutch

PS- I hope we all get to go into the wilderness again. 😁👍

Last edited:

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning Homar,
I’d been having some concern as to if I would ever be able to make it back into the wilderness. My body is pretty broken down…. Part of life.

A week ago Thursday, I had a dentist appointment for an abscess , but my blood pressure was way too high for the dentist to work on me. It was really high …… the dentist ran it twice, and it was 205/125.
I went home and tried unsuccessfully to lower it. So we ended up at urgent care, and was sent to emergency in the next town.
The ER was unable to lower my blood pressure and transferred me to a hospital in a bigger town, one with cardiologists on staff.
So an ambulance transport, then to ICU, and finally, after pumping me full of all kinds of stuff, the got my blood pressure to come down.
The next day was the cathlab…. Instead of open heart surgery, the went in at my wrist through an artery with catheters… and all the way to my heart.
I had blockages in 3 arteries there. They were able to clean out 2 of them and installed stints. Then Wednesday I was taken back to the cath lab to finish clearing the obstructions, and another 2 stints.

Oh, I quit smoking tobacco after many decades …. It been over 5 weeks since I’ve had any nicotine 🥳🥳🥳

And smiling 🤓

Idahodutch

Howdy Idahodutch,

That was too close, almost found you on "another" thread. Glad to hear that you are doing much better now, and do hope that you do get to visit your area once more, and come out victorious.
I have trouble walking in the mall, spending more time on the benches waiting for my wife to do her shopping. I dream of going into those salt mountains to go check out those Google Earth shadows. :laughing7: Since I know that I can't hike in there, I would have to ride in, unless I can find someone to carry me.:dontknow:
Lately I have been trying to clear some trees that got knocked down by strong winds. I can only do one chainsaw fuel tank per day. Yesterday I loaded the utility trailer with branches, and was done for the week. I run out of air, wonder how my arteries are? It takes me several days to recover from most of the pain. Can't keep from getting older, but still have hope to visit those mountains one day.
Homar

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Howdy Idahodutch,

That was too close, almost found you on "another" thread. Glad to hear that you are doing much better now, and do hope that you do get to visit your area once more, and come out victorious.
I have trouble walking in the mall, spending more time on the benches waiting for my wife to do her shopping. I dream of going into those salt mountains to go check out those Google Earth shadows. :laughing7: Since I know that I can't hike in there, I would have to ride in, unless I can find someone to carry me.:dontknow:
Lately I have been trying to clear some trees that got knocked down by strong winds. I can only do one chainsaw fuel tank per day. Yesterday I loaded the utility trailer with branches, and was done for the week. I run out of air, wonder how my arteries are? It takes me several days to recover from most of the pain. Can't keep from getting older, but still have hope to visit those mountains one day.
Homar
Homar,
Thank you for sharing 😳😕. Yes I think I was almost a post on another thread. 😬
I wasn’t going to post about the past week and half, but I was really blown away at where technology has gotten too.
I had no idea I had such blockage existing with my heart. I think it is difficult to diagnose, without going in.
The surgeons kept using language…. “We will have to see what we find when we go in.”
They can usually fix/make repairs on the spot.
I watched on the monitors, as they worked the catheters to grind up the stuff clogging up the arteries. Then tiny suction hose dispensing the fallout. 🫣
It was really a trip. I had no idea they could get in and out like that. 🥹

They saw something else the second time they were in, that they wanted me to get a CT scan of, otherwise they would have discharged me the same day.
The ct scan showed my aortic aneurysm in my abdomen, but good news, it is still at 4 cm in diameter… after a couple years of monitoring.
I was glad to find out 🤓

My symptoms of the blockages were happening for several months … actually to my last trip in there in 2022.
No wonder I was so out of breath 😕.
Some days were better than others as far as the tightness when breathing, and very short energy reserves.
The othe MAJOR indication of heart issue, was the onset of extreme high blood pressure that would not subside.
Only as I was getting worse while in the hospital, and my body started to go into shakes and stuff, my mind felt like it was breaking down …
They gave me some strong anxiety meds, and that’s what dropped my blood pressure like a rock.

I don’t know if there is a way for you to find out, if you have partial blockages like I had, without being on the table in the cathlab 😟

My lumbar vertebrae have almost no disc materials left. A few years ago it had gotten to a point, that my days of walking , sitting, standing … were quickly coming to their end.
I don’t know if you remember me talking about it back then, but having the nerves burned off from the surfaces of the lumbar vertebrae …. Where bone on bone grinding is happening …..well is felt like a miracle 😁
The nerves grow back and have to be burned back … for me, it’s about every 8 months that I have the procedure.

Homar,
If it is your lumbar vertebrae that are taking your mobility away, you might be a candidate for the procedure too.
I feel led to offer this.
- Plane tickets, and to pay for the procedure … a gift.
Please consider it 🥹
It has made unbelievable difference for me.
Even if you only do it one time, you might be able to make it to the salt mints again 😉

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Homar,
I wasn’t going to post about the past week and half, but I was really blown away at where technology has gotten too.
I had no idea I had such blockage existing with my heart. I think it is difficult to diagnose, without going in.
The surgeons kept using language…. “We will have to see what we find when we go in.”
I watched on the monitors, as they worked the catheters to grind up the stuff clogging up the arteries. Then tiny suction hose dispensing the fallout. 🫣

They saw something else the second time they were in, that they wanted me to get a CT scan of, otherwise they would have discharged me the same day.
The ct scan showed my aortic aneurysm in my abdomen, but good news, it is still at 4 cm in diameter… after a couple years of monitoring.
I was glad to find out 🤓

My symptoms of the blockages were happening for several months … actually to my last trip in there in 2022.
Some days were better than others as far as the tightness when breathing, and very short energy reserves.
The othe MAJOR indication of heart issue, was the onset of extreme high blood pressure that would not subside.
Only as I was getting worse while in the hospital, and my body started to go into shakes and stuff, my mind felt like it was breaking down …
They gave me some strong anxiety meds, and that’s what dropped my blood pressure like a rock.

I don’t know if there is a way for you to find out, if you have partial blockages like I had, without being on the table in the cathlab 😟

My lumbar vertebrae have almost no disc materials left. A few years ago it had gotten to a point, that my days of walking , sitting, standing … were quickly coming to their end.
I don’t know if you remember me talking about it back then, but having the nerves burned off from the surfaces of the lumbar vertebrae …. Where bone on bone grinding is happening …..well is felt like a miracle 😁
The nerves grow back and have to be burned back … for me, it’s about every 8 months that I have the procedure.

Homar,
If it is your lumbar vertebrae that are taking your mobility away, you might be a candidate for the procedure too.
Please consider it 🥹
Even if you only do it one time, you might be able to make it to the salt mints again 😉
Howdy Idahodutch,
Thanks for your generous offer, you are a true amigo. My lumbar is not that bad, only hurts when rain is coming. It's mainly my ankles, and right knee that got shattered in a head-on collision.
From what I've heard, the only sure way to know about any artery blockage, is by going in with a camera. You were lucky to have such dedicated doctors treating you.
Homar

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Homar,

I was glad to find out 🤓

Homar,
Please consider it 🥹
I’d like to give an update on how things are coming.
I ended up having three heart surgeries. They cleaned out all the blockages they could find, and put in seven (7) stints. I am on special blood thinners for about 6 months, as the thinner aids in the formation of a coating to the surface of the stints. Make the body think the stints are part of the body, and don’t send platelets to the rescue anymore.
All three surgeries were performed in a cath lab …. It was all done by catheters inserted into arteries at my wrist. My arteries hurt like the dickens, but are healing up 🤓.
The extreme high blood pressure … was in excess of 210/128 .. on and off for some time. … had been pounding my kidneys … but fortunately it does not seem to have caused long term damage.
My heart is bigger than normal, and the muscle tissue is pretty thick.
They said it’s very strong, and only thing really of any difference, it’s just not quite as flexible as most…. But looks very good….. and pumps like a champ 🤓🤓
My aneurysm is pretty much the same size as when they first found it a couple years ago … that also is great news.
My shortness of breath is diminishing daily 👍🤓
My blood pressure is almost completely normal, and getting better daily as well.
I have not had any nicotine of any sort since 2/24/23 and counting 👍🤓

So, it looks like I might get to finish my bucket list item.
If I do, there is plenty for everybody 🤓🥳🥳👍
We may yet get to all see what we’ve all been looking for. 😁
Projected trip for this fall/winter.

With great pleasure,
Idahodutch

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Alright gents.
You're both now on weight restrictions from here on out.
No more than ten pounds of gold at a time!
😂👍
Not bad at all … 12 Troy oz per pound x 10 pounds = 120 Troy ounces
Hmmm, 😎
I would think, most all of us could manage that 🤓

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
😂👍
Not bad at all … 12 Troy oz per pound x 10 pounds = 120 Troy ounces
Hmmm, 😎
I would think, most all of us could manage that 🤓
I'd drag it somehow.
Maybe to my final resting place , but an attempt would be made.

(Farther yet off topic.)
Bumped into this earlier today.

1680742788843-png.891490

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd drag it somehow.
Maybe to my final resting place , but an attempt would be made.

(Farther yet off topic.)
Bumped into this earlier today.

1680742788843-png.891490
😁👍
I like your plan 🥹

That cougar shadow, looks to be just about to catch a smaller prey in full sprint 😁

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning Homar,

And smiling 🤓

Idahodutch

It’s been over 3 months since this post, and a lot has happened …. Some good, some bad.
My sister, who lived in Alabama, has been battling cancer for a little over 5 years. She took a turn for the worse and things were looking better, until a friend of hers, found her not doing well and come to find out, my sister had stopped taking all medications and was hoping to just go out. Apparently she had gone better part of a week without any medications, and was almost in a diabetic coma.
We left Idaho and drove to Oregon to get my mom, then off to Alabama. We got there there in 3 days, and she was awake in the hospital when we got there.
We stayed and did what we could to help, but she passed about 1-1/2 weeks after we got there. We stayed until we did all that could be done. Her estate went to probate as she never made a will, and no powers of attorney were done.
It was a long time coming for her. She lived life on her terms.

I was suppose go to cardiac rehabilitation during that time, but it got put on hold.
I just started the rehabilitation this week, and it’s more like physical therapy, but it’s good to be pushed to do enough exercise, and the right kind.
I’ve only had 3 sessions so far, but I have been feeling better. The medication I gave to take for my stints, makes me feel lousy and out of breath. The exercises they have me doing seem to combat the negative side effects of the stint medication.

I am once again finding myself getting excited about making back into the superstitions again.

Do I actually think that we have located Waltz’ mines ….. I do. My goal is to get some gold ore from each of the 2 deposits, and have them tested for identification.
The ore from the mine up high in the ravine, the one he got from Peralta, I expect to be just like the ore that was under Waltz’ bed …..
the ore from the 2nd mine, the mine not more than 200’ directly across the canyon from the hidden camp, I expect to be just as described ….. different than the first mine, in that it has more gold than quartz.

a big thing is getting off of the blood thinners in time for the trip. Actually I pretty much need to done with the blood thinners before the trip.
6 months from the last heart surgery puts things almost middle of October.

If everything goes right, I’ll be at the rendezvous this fall 🙏🏻🥳👍

It will be good to meet many of you if things work out. 😁🤗

I wouldn’t mind some serious conversation about what to do about Waltz’ mines, if in fact this comes to fruition. (After getting samples, of course) 😁

Sincerely, Idaho Dutch

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always love how people jump in on LDM Threads telling everybody EXACTLY what it looks like, and how its situated, and what kind of a canyon its in.

I'll tell you; I've been at this a looong time. One thing I can tell you for certain regarding EVERYTHING you have ever seen, heard, or read about the LDM: 99% is bullcrap. Most of the BS started with PC Bicknell. HE WAS A NEWSPAPER WRITER! Newspaper writers' jobs are to HELP SELL NEWSPAPERS by writing amazing stories. If that takes some embellishment, or outright lies, then so be it. NOTHING POLITICAL HERE, but look at all the Pulitzer Prizes awarded to "journalists" for outright lies regarding Russian Collusion or Covid. After the world found out the Russian Collusion Story was a hoax, why didn't Pulitzer take back their prizes and money they gave? MEDIA!

Things for the LDM got much worse after Adolph Ruth disappeared in 1931. People from everywhere came out here thinking they could just walk right to the mine and get rich. Imagine you're Tex Barkley, and you've got a crap-ton of DUDES cutting fences, scaring cattle, tearing down stone lineshacks (thinking they were the Casa Caverna), destroying tanks at the springs, etc. How do you get rid of them? Start telling people that its an old Barkley Family Secret that the LDM is on the East Side of the Supers. Everybody runs over there doing the same crap to the JF Ranch. So the Martins tell them about an old Martin Family Secret that puts the LDM in the Western Supers. HAHAHA Keep the slickers running in circles. Problem is that some of those people wrote books talking about the Barkley and Martin Family Secrets, not knowing they were lies (its in a book so it must be true). Now, you believe what was written. THAT is the secret to the Lost Dutchman Mine. Waltz got frightened, and sealed the mine in 1881. Between all the bullcrap, and Waltz doing a good job sealing the mine, it has not been found since 1881 ........... maybe. Jack San Felice's upcoming book may have some "secret until then" information. Very few people know the story, or have seen the evidence. It doesn't really put you onto the LDM (exactly), but its INTERESTING. Imagine someone had found and was working the LDM, and Ruth happened upon them. Nighty night Adolph (if the story is true). Can't say one way or the other, but I do have it on good authority that the very well known grandson-in-law of the Arizona Coroner that performed the autopsy said with ZERO EQUIVOCATION that it was not a gunshot wound in the skull.

Now, being as jaded as I am, one might think I don't believe the LDM is real. One would be wrong. It is firmly grounded in fact, and modern samples of the ore exist. The night watchman at the Vulture Mine Story is BS. He was German, but not our Waltz. Thanks to the internet with online databases, and not having to write letters to people and places any more makes researching so much easier. We know MUCH MORE now than PC Bicknell EVER knew, and he was contemporary to Waltz. If you REALLY want to know about the LDM, you need Sims Ely's "The Lost Dutchman Mine" (1953). Get "The Bark Notes". Then, get (if you can find one) Barry Storm's "Trail of the Lost Dutchman" and "Thunder Gods Gold"(common). Some BS and some very good stuff. Then Estee Conatser's "The Sterling Legend". ........and read everything written by Clay Worst.

Enough for now. Have fun - Mike

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
I always love how people jump in on LDM Threads telling everybody EXACTLY what it looks like, and how its situated, and what kind of a canyon its in.

I'll tell you; I've been at this a looong time. One thing I can tell you for certain regarding EVERYTHING you have ever seen, heard, or read about the LDM: 99% is bullcrap. Most of the BS started with PC Bicknell. HE WAS A NEWSPAPER WRITER! Newspaper writers' jobs are to HELP SELL NEWSPAPERS by writing amazing stories. If that takes some embellishment, or outright lies, then so be it. NOTHING POLITICAL HERE, but look at all the Pulitzer Prizes awarded to "journalists" for outright lies regarding Russian Collusion or Covid. After the world found out the Russian Collusion Story was a hoax, why didn't Pulitzer take back their prizes and money they gave? MEDIA!

Things for the LDM got much worse after Adolph Ruth disappeared in 1931. People from everywhere came out here thinking they could just walk right to the mine and get rich. Imagine you're Tex Barkley, and you've got a crap-ton of DUDES cutting fences, scaring cattle, tearing down stone lineshacks (thinking they were the Casa Caverna), destroying tanks at the springs, etc. How do you get rid of them? Start telling people that its an old Barkley Family Secret that the LDM is on the East Side of the Supers. Everybody runs over there doing the same crap to the JF Ranch. So the Martins tell them about an old Martin Family Secret that puts the LDM in the Western Supers. HAHAHA Keep the slickers running in circles. Problem is that some of those people wrote books talking about the Barkley and Martin Family Secrets, not knowing they were lies (its in a book so it must be true). Now, you believe what was written. THAT is the secret to the Lost Dutchman Mine. Waltz got frightened, and sealed the mine in 1881. Between all the bullcrap, and Waltz doing a good job sealing the mine, it has not been found since 1881 ........... maybe. Jack San Felice's upcoming book may have some "secret until then" information. Very few people know the story, or have seen the evidence. It doesn't really put you onto the LDM (exactly), but its INTERESTING. Imagine someone had found and was working the LDM, and Ruth happened upon them. Nighty night Adolph (if the story is true). Can't say one way or the other, but I do have it on good authority that the very well known grandson-in-law of the Arizona Coroner that performed the autopsy said with ZERO EQUIVOCATION that it was not a gunshot wound in the skull.

Now, being as jaded as I am, one might think I don't believe the LDM is real. One would be wrong. It is firmly grounded in fact, and modern samples of the ore exist. The night watchman at the Vulture Mine Story is BS. He was German, but not our Waltz. Thanks to the internet with online databases, and not having to write letters to people and places any more makes researching so much easier. We know MUCH MORE now than PC Bicknell EVER knew, and he was contemporary to Waltz. If you REALLY want to know about the LDM, you need Sims Ely's "The Lost Dutchman Mine" (1953). Get "The Bark Notes". Then, get (if you can find one) Barry Storm's "Trail of the Lost Dutchman" and "Thunder Gods Gold"(common). Some BS and some very good stuff. Then Estee Conatser's "The Sterling Legend". ........and read everything written by Clay Worst.

Enough for now. Have fun - Mike
Hello gollum,
I’m not sure who you are addressing with your post?
It does sound like you have formed some conclusions about certain things. 🤓👍
I hope the best for you, and thanks for sharing your position about some things.

Last edited:

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Idahodutch,

My most sincere condolences to you, and your family. I too lost my Sister to cancer just seven months ago, it's the hardest part of life.
Glad to hear that you are starting to feel stronger, and that you may be able to continue your search. I myself would settle for just one LDM, or any other mine for that matter. As to what would I do, I would probably go crazy.:laughing7:
I know nothing about mining, so I would have to hire a mining engineer to call the shots, unless my partner has a better plan. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it. It is a mesothermal mine, meaning they go more than two miles deep, and under ten. It would be in operation for a long time.
Homar

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread