2014 in review

Apr 11, 2013
Wyoming Valley. PA
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and Coinmaster GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2014 was the first full year of detecting for me . Nothing record setting but a good start to a great hobby.
the totals...
silver coins: 19 (oldest 1852 seated dime)
wheaties : 123 ( nothing rare)
indian head cents : 19 (the best 1864"L" and 1872 )
buffalo nickels : 8 (3 no dates)
V nickels 3 (1 no date)
Large cents 2 ( 1827 & 1829 )
3 pieces of silver and 2 pieces of gold jewellery

I hope you enjoy my year as much as i did ...
100_1801.JPG100_1804.JPG100_1816.JPG100_1815.JPG100_1810.JPG100_1817.JPG100_1858.JPG100_1860.JPG100_1820.JPG100_1822.JPG100_1818.JPG100_1827.JPG100_1832.JPG

Last edited:
Cool Relics ! Looks like a Very good Year !

The Buffalo looks particularly Cool !

Appropriately enough the next signal after that buffalo was a buffalo nickel. The marching soldiers my father found the mold for it 30 years ago along with about 30 more marching soldiers. Imagine that your a kid and play time meant 'lets go melt some lead and make soldiers" . times have changed.

Appropriately enough the next signal after that buffalo was a buffalo nickel. The marching soldiers my father found the mold for it 30 years ago along with about 30 more marching soldiers. Imagine that your a kid and play time meant 'lets go melt some lead and make soldiers" . times have changed.

LOL Yea now they would probably come in in Moon suits & dig up all the lead spills.
while they rush the kid to the hospital for tests :laughing7:

imagine all the 90 year olds out there who won't live to 200
Because they played with Lead

Last edited:
Great year!, I like that personalized half w the hole in it. I'm still waiting on a half of any era

One thing i learned this past year is .. just because you can scrape it off with a toothpick doesn't mean its just dirt 1863.png this girl didn't look great coming out of the ground but it looked better then this. 1863 indian cents just got a little bit more rare.:BangHead:

I'd trade you the "love token" for a 1794 1/2 reale:tongue3: I'm still waiting to join that 1700's club

I kinda lost that one in Dave's truck, luckily for me he's an honest guy and found it for me lol

Nice year you had Dave. Glad I got to see you find part of it! I wasn't impressed with my year to do a close. It's good to see everyone else have good ones though.

Great year! You found some really awesome stuff. Love the two Seated's, but I'm a Crotal Bell fan at heart. Still trying to join that 1700's club myself. :occasion14:

Sweet finds, hopefully this year is as good or better for you! I also find that holed "I love you" kennedy to be quite interesting, wonder what the story was.

Imagine that your a kid and play time meant 'lets go melt some lead and make soldiers" . times have changed.

Times have changed, but thankfully people with sense still exist. As a kid in the 90s my father had no problem with me melting and casting lead into mace and flail heads and other things. I also blew a hole in the fence in 5th grade with a home-made cannon, but the parents didn't know about that until afterwards, hahaha.

I intend to make sure that my future children get to enjoy similar pursuits. As attractive as video games and TV and the like are to youngsters, I bet I can keep them from going to "the dark side" :laughing7:.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back