12 lb Cannonball found!

Dr.Dig

Tenderfoot
May 27, 2022
I was detecting for hours with no luck. I decided to swing on the way back to the car and hit a great signal. A 12lb (4") Cannonball partly on the surface! I got worried when I started cleaning and saw the fuse. I used chopsticks to dig out the paper and Black Powder while I poured beer on it. Any idea of age?

Attachments

• Cannonball.jpg
    Cannonball.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 60
I was detecting for hours with no luck. I decided to swing on the way back to the car and hit a great signal. A 12lb (4") Cannonball partly on the surface! I got worried when I started cleaning and saw the fuse. I used chopsticks to dig out the paper and Black Powder while I poured beer on it. Any idea of age?
I'd say definitely old enough to drink...

To get the age, it would help if you post the location. Civil war or Revolutionary site?

Nice find n congrats

Besides that , all you need is a chain . . .

It would be cool if you can get foto s of it from the inside of it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back