YouTube,testers and opinions

Peterw

Aug 9, 2015
Blairsville Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t get it, really. Usto be the golden rule was you need time on your machine to get to know it, what it does in certain situations ,etc.. But if you look at YouTube and these forums there’s guys making judgment calls on machines they didn’t have until the mailman dropped them off last night,, then they put out 30 videos in 24 hours on that machine talking about it like theyve used it.
Personally I put no stock in these guys, have told many of them my test bed has more time in this hobbie than they do..But I feel bad for the guys who don’t recognize a snake oil salesman. The internet I feel has turned this hobbie into virtual reality Sitcom.

I don’t get it, really. Usto be the golden rule was you need time on your machine to get to know it, what it does in certain situations ,etc.. But if you look at YouTube and these forums there’s guys making judgment calls on machines they didn’t have until the mailman dropped them off last night,, then they put out 30 videos in 24 hours on that machine talking about it like theyve used it.
Personally I put no stock in these guys, have told many of them my test bed has more time in this hobbie than they do..But I feel bad for the guys who don’t recognize a snake oil salesman. The internet I feel has turned this hobbie into virtual reality Sitcom.
Ive had a few that gave me helpful hints and quite a few that were a waste of time IMO. I agree, nothing helps more than hours behind the machine while swinging.👍🏼

When I first started, I watched a ton of paystreak superfreak. He uses the legend a lot and most of his videos are him actually using the machine and digging all the targets. It really helped me to understand the machine and to know what I should be listening for. I wouldn't really consider him a youtube tester though. He does a few tests but its nothing ridiculous like some of the guys you see. Paystreak mostly compares machines side by side, none of that "heres the manticore with a nickel, three nails, and a merc dime. well lookit that it doesnt sound like a merc, must be a terrible machine." Most of those guys are just looking for views so they can get free products I feel.

The internet has been a godsend for information transfer. Many times the snake oil comes from the manufacturers and some reviewers have been able to show others the claims by some manufacturers are not accurate.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back