Yo Im Norm

Stormin Norman

Jun 2, 2007
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm II
Yo I'm Norm

Hey, I'm Norm, I've been metal detecting using my Whites Metal Detector for 6 years now. I was reading a couple posts earlier and have no idea what some of the Terminoligy you use means, so if someone could help me out with that (clad being one of the terms)

I'd say im an advid treasure hunter, I usually stick with campgrounds though. Planning my first beach trip for this weekend. Any tips would be appreciated.

My two best finds would be
1) A Mercury dime I found in a State campground in New Hampshire
2) An ancient Aztec coin on the bank of the Merrimak river in Mass. (later lost it at the campground mentioned above)

Re: Yo I'm Norm

Hi Norm
Welcome to Tnet
Clad is the term used for any newer coins ,coins that onlyt have face value. :)
Good luck on your beach hunt, I am a homestead /woodshunter myself so I am no help. Will be going to Key West and Daytona beach in August so look forward to the beach tips also.

Welcome to Tnet Norm.
Don't let the terminology confuse you, you'll understand it all soon enough. ;D
DD

Clad is a term for newer coins, minted since 1965. Its the sandwiched coins we make nowadays, a pure copper core "clad" with a copper nickel outer shell.

Welcome to Treasurenet, you're gonna like it here! :)

Howdy Norman! Welcome to T-Net...you'll learn the terminology real quick.

;) RR

Welcome Norm! Don't forget the pictures of your finds on that beach trip! ;) Great to have you with us!

Stormin Norman said:
One more question about the terminology.

what's slabbed mean?

Just try to figure things like LOL, LMAO, HH, I'm still not sure what RMOLH (may not have the letters right) means. I think we need a glossary of terms here sometimes ;). Actually if I had teens around I "might" be able to figure these things out :D. Welcome aboard!

Welcome Norm. This place kinda grows on ya. Most everyone is very helpful and supportive...
Keep safe...

"Slabbed" I believe, is a term used to describe a coin that has been mounted for display or safe keeping.
Country....I think you are referring to ROFLMAO which stands for "rolling on the floor laughing my a$$ off." Some not so polite types like to throw an extra "F" in there once in a while.

packerbacker said:
"Slabbed" I believe, is a term used to describe a coin that has been mounted for display or safe keeping.
Country....I think you are referring to ROFLMAO which stands for "rolling on the floor laughing my a$$ off." Some not so polite types like to throw an extra "F" in there once in a while.

Hey thanks! I could have used that one around here sometimes. ;D

packerbacker said:

Pretty close- It's actually a coin that has been encapsulated in a holder by a grading service. They give it a grade, label it, and "slab" it, like these- BTW, never buy coins from these grading services- LOL!

Attachments

• 1878_s_ms_ntc65.jpg
    1878_s_ms_ntc65.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 622
  • coins 002.jpg
    coins 002.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 616

welcome norm i started with a prizm ii ,wish i kept it i live in south weymouth i do soccer feilds tot lots and beaches good luck jim

Storm, what happened to the mug shot? Some advice, Dig every target!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back