Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hit the lot for a couple hours today and I've found that,indeed, as I go even slower and overlap in an almost exagerated fashion, I am finding stuff that I missed passing over it 3-4 times already.
Found another IHP year 1901. Found 9 wheats years 1917,1919s,1927,1929,1936,1938,1940[3].
Pretty good spread there - The 1919s I was convinced was a 1909s for awhile, but upon further cleaning [soap n water/toothbrush] it seems to be 1919.
Also found a Barber dime 19??.
Then, detecting my way back to my truck, got a persistant nickel signal, and 5 minutes later out pops this kick azz little Pillsbury dough boy pencil sharpener. It seemed to be wrapped in some kind of wax paper so it is dang near mint condition. A few inches over were these two Xmas things, one a cheap little but well made childs ring with an Xmas tree, which gave me heart palipitations for a second, then this copper "Merry Christmas" tag thing - Just what I need to get my spirit soaring as summer slips away.

Attachments

• lot (Medium).jpg
    lot (Medium).jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 391
Upvote 0
Doughboy

Attachments

• doughboy (Medium).JPG
    doughboy (Medium).JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 400
Hey Xray,
Great old advertising piece. Gotta be worth a good bit to a collector. Lots of old history in that lot.
Have Fun!!
Jim

Thanx for the info Screamin - Maybe I should re-bury it for a few decades then.
I was around and about in the 80's but was never much into movies, though I've heard of ghostbusters never saw it.

Hey Xray, nice finds. Try taking one of the wheaties and put it in hydrogen peroxide for a day and then use a brush on it. Apply a little paste wax and see what you think. You end up with a nice deep brown finish and they look almost like they have just come out of circulation. I use a soft brass brush. DO NOT USE THIS METHOD ON ANY VALUABLE COIN THOUGH. Just the regular wheaties. Also works well on the Indians and large cents. I think you will like the results...Lance

that is something that probably knowone will ever find md'ing (except you) - GREAT FIND -
WHO U GONNA CALL - GHOSTBUSTERS :o LBP

Excellent digs!

HH

Lonewolfe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back