Yesterdays yard finds

bogside

Greenie
May 6, 2005
Minneapolis, MN
Yesterday's yard finds

Hi all...

I'm still hunting around in my backyard. I seem to find something cool everyday and I'm getting better at using my detector! Yesterday's biggest victory was actually digging up a coin without having to use my trowel! I successfully pinpointed it and got it out with my probe! I was really excited, since I'm wasting a huge amount of time digging large holes and leaving a mess. My main goal is to get better at my probing skills so I can avoid that issue...

Can't very well ask people if I can hunt in their yards without being able to keep the destruction to a minimum, you know?

Anyway, yesterday I found a couple of memorials (64D and 69D) and a baseball bat weight. We used to call them "donuts" as a kid. Does that still apply?

Here are some pics.

HH

Adam
Minneapolis

Attachments

• Memorials2.jpg
    Memorials2.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 247
  • Bat Donut.jpg
    Bat Donut.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 248
Upvote 0
Re: Yesterday's yard finds

I think the term "donut" still applies.... :D (I only know that cause my son played baseball since he was 4 and through High School...) ;D ....not that he used them at the age of 4....only in HS... :D

Your doing great on finds! ;)

Nana ;)

Your own backyard is the best place in the world to practice your recovery techniques. Provided your other half doesn't kill you for tearing up the yard...... :D

In the end, it should look like no one has even been there........Oh and how practice makes perfect..... ;)

GL & HH,

DugHoles
Upstate NY

That "donut" is a nice find. So far I found 4 baseballs and a batting cage token.
I am also trying to learn how to hot destroy a lawn.
~Kansas~

DugHoles said:
Your own backyard is the best place in the world to practice your recovery techniques. Provided your other half doesn't kill you for tearing up the yard...... :D

In the end, it should look like no one has even been there........Oh and how practice makes perfect..... ;)

GL & HH,

DugHoles
Upstate NY

yeah for practice recovery... stray over into the neighbors yard... :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back