New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just worked about an hour trying to post this and it was all lost when I tried to preview the post. I'm out of time I'll just try to post the pix

Just got back from hunting, I keep finding those black rocks I pictured. I'm thinking maybe coal. The tiny round thing next to the coins I used for scale is a "Treble gilt stand d colour" button. I'll take another close up of it I was wondering if anyone might be able to date it. I found all this stuff in a cornfield in southern NJ in a very old town. I was near the water, a spot known for Lenape Indians. I read yesterday that these buttons were know as gold coin buttons because they were dipped in gold(gilt). the colonials would sew them on there shirts and they were commonly used as trade for the Indians. The grey hunk of lead maybe a muzzleloader bullet??? Everything in the group pix is metal, the last pix is stone. I'm brand new to the site and new to metal detecting, about five weeks into it. I'm falling in love with this hobby, very interesting.

Last edited:
metal_detector_searching.gif
Hey, anything you pull out of the ground is a nice find treblehunter.

Upvote 0
I totally agree with ya navy

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back