Yesterdays Find: More than I expected

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Primary Interest:
Other
For months if not years I've walked pass this one area near where I live.. I always took notice of several rocks just laying beside the road and thought that they where just to big for me to even attempt to uncover.

Because of the recent snow.. a few of those stones got turned over and it appeared to em that I was wrong in thinkign they where to big to handle.. The stone was very muddy and wet so I placed it in a plastic bag and carried it home.. Later after cleaning with warm soapy water.. This is what I found..
100E1954.JPG

Image above: Hidden in this sandwiched layering of limestone was Agate, Quartz, and Chalcedony.. and maybe a little bit Blue Agate in one corner.

Last edited:
I love finding rocks when I go for a walk. One of these days I will probably hurt myself cuz I'm always looking down in stead of looking where I am going. Nice find

Upvote 0
Update:

Later I found out that stone/crystals above where in fact that of a geode which had collaped on itself.. Becasue the outer wall (limestone) was not or could not support the growing down force from above.. thus the stone (geode) broke forcing the crystals to continue to grow within them selves and fusing the two halfs together.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back