2.7 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0916.jpeg
    IMG_0916.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0915.jpeg
    IMG_0915.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 44
Upvote 13
Lightly brush the back of the flat button to see if there is a manufacture's name.
OBW-Yes you found a flat button-well dug.

I feel your pain -- I have the same sickness. If it's in the ground, and I start digging, I'm not done until it's out of there, whether trash or treasure.

Nice button. 8-)

Spend 20 minutes digging up this hunk of metal. Must be a sickness. Even when I know it’s nothing special I have to dig it up. Also found clock gear, piece of copper, lantern part?, and an actual button instead of an overall snap. Good luck everybody.
Same here. Its best when you're digging a beer can 12 inches deep in August but i still do it.

But you never know! Sometimes it turns out to be something really neat, even in iron. Like a nice axe head, an ox shoe, a handmade gouge for making wooden bowls or some other handmade tool or artifact of the local blacksmith's art. So dig on!

Spend 20 minutes digging up this hunk of metal. Must be a sickness. Even when I know it’s nothing special I have to dig it up. Also found clock gear, piece of copper, lantern part?, and an actual button instead of an overall snap. Good luck everybody.
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back