Yard Gives First Buffalo Nickel

twister

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2005
Springfield, MO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once again my yard has come through for me. Tonight I found my first Buffalo Nickel. It is hard to see I have to clean it somehow but it is a 1935 with no mint mark. I am posting pic but still needs to be cleaned.

HH

Twister

Attachments

• buffront.jpg
    buffront.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 356
  • buffback.jpg
    buffback.jpg
    1.3 KB · Views: 341
Upvote 0
Sweet, that is why I got into Metal Detecting I wanted to find Buffalo Nickels. ?W2G, what detector do you use and what did it show up as on your screen and how deep was it? Looks like a three leg ?;) .

Attachments

• WTG1.jpg
    WTG1.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 384
  • happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 328
  • shocked2.jpg
    shocked2.jpg
    1 KB · Views: 371
  • shocked2.jpg
    shocked2.jpg
    1 KB · Views: 334
  • happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 324
  • WTG1.jpg
    WTG1.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 328
Nice Buffalo you got there Twister! Those older coins sure are a nice suprise when they pop out of the ground, huh?? Nice going, and HH!

MUD the detector I use is a MXT. The coin was about 3 inches down showing a steady +18

HH

Twister

N I C E B U F F Y......I LOVE McNickles..........H.H.

Thanks for the info, cool find!

HH!!

Attachments

• happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 302
  • happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 252
AWESOME! I also found my first buffalo in my YARD aswell.Gotta love the YARD!! Be careful cleaning it if you clean it at all...I listend to someone on here and used some "lemon juice" on it.... :'( now its all redish and looks like crap! I would rather it be full of dirt. Dont wana tell ya what to do, just be careful and dont do what I did and regret it. Im STILL doing the yard,did some more today. Wish you luck on more of them GREAT yard finds!! Lookinfg forward to seeing them!

I tried just cleaning with soap/water, didnt work so i just put it away dirty because i didnt want to mess it up.

HH

Twister

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back