Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a Deus 2 on the 1.1 update. When I go to the "Freq Max" setting, the screen shows "--" as the setting and the +/- buttons don't do anything. Has anyone else run into this?
The only logical thing I can think of is your coil is not synced / linked with the controller

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I use a Deus 2 on the 1.1 update. When I go to the "Freq Max" setting, the screen shows "--" as the setting and the +/- buttons don't do anything. Has anyone else run into this?
What and where is the "Freq Max" setting?
I must be having a total brain fart on this, as I have never heard/seen this setting.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What and where is the "Freq Max" setting?
I must be having a total brain fart on this, as I have never heard/seen this setting.
It's under the menu option....it's used to lower or raise the highest frequency the stock program is pre-set at.....say the Fast Program uses a frequency band of 4khz - 40 khz.......you could lower the 40 kHz to 28 or 14 khz....or raise any program to higher maximum frequency

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's under the menu option....it's used to lower or raise the highest frequency the stock program is pre-set at.....say the Fast Program uses a frequency band of 4khz - 40 khz.......you could lower the 40 kHz to 28 or 14 khz....or raise any program to higher maximum frequency
Okay
I have only used the 3 presets.
Which program are you trying this in?
I think some programs are set, and can't be changed in certain settings. 🤔

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moved to Deus II forum.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay
I have only used the 3 presets.
Which program are you trying this in?
I think some programs are set, and can't be changed in certain settings. 🤔
I thought that as well before I answered the OP, thinking possibly fast 40, gold field or relic couldn't be changed but they can be.....so i believe all the programs can be changed.....I only checked one of the beach programs though.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This happened to a friend the other day. Her coil was out of range from the remote. Once she went and got her coil, it was fine. Your coil must be in range and paired.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread