Would you search here?

Nathan W

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2023
So behind my park there was an early homestead( this would be number 2) this area is low lying and prone to flooding this lidar shows elevated land or plateau. On Ariel’s I can see some dirt roads or trails going to it and over it. Do y’all think the house was on this hill?

I can get to it but it’s a challenge because of the growth. Just wanted to see if this would make the most sense

Attachments

• IMG_6253.png
    IMG_6253.png
    682.3 KB · Views: 35
So behind my park there was an early homestead( this would be number 2) this area is low lying and prone to flooding this lidar shows elevated land or plateau. On Ariel’s I can see some dirt roads or trails going to it and over it. Do y’all think the house was on this hill?

I can get to it but it’s a challenge because of the growth. Just wanted to see if this would make the most sense
Never know until you go. Could be great, most likely not, but you can at least remove the “what if”. Spots like that, which are unknowns, I wait, if possible, until after deer season so the bugs, snakes and undergrowth are less.

Never know until you go. Could be great, most likely not, but you can at least remove the “what if”. Spots like that, which are unknowns, I wait, if possible, until after deer season so the bugs, snakes and undergrowth are less.
I figure I can get close enough to it with my UTV at work so that would help. I got a few other spots I want to look and cross off. One of them has to be where the house stood

I'd check it out after a good frost kills off the vegetation. I don't see any cellar holes or stone walls. With a trailer park in the area I'm guessing a lot of garbage is in the woods

I'd check it out after a good frost kills off the vegetation. I don't see any cellar holes or stone walls. With a trailer park in the area I'm guessing a lot of garbage is in the woods
Not that much garbage unless you get right behind the trailer park out from it it’s clean

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back