would like some info on something i found

unclevinn

Sep 6, 2009
maine
Detector(s) used
fisher1212x
hi back years ago i found a copper coin, on the front is a donkey facing left.up over the donkey close to the rim says the constitution ......below the donkey says as we understand it...between the constitution and the donkey back says in small letters roman parliment. on the reverse side its hard to make out but it looks like a huge box with something coming out of it... would appreciate any thoughts on this copper piece thanks unclevinn

Upvote 0
It's hard times token with Andrew Jackson inside a trunk holding a sword and a moneybag. One side says I TAKE THE RESPONSIBILITY. The other side says THE CONSTITUTION AS I UNDERSTAND IT, ROMAN FIRMNESS, VETO, on the side of a donkey. I think it was made in the 1830's. Nice find :headbang:

Ace Villa-v

Knew as I read your description of the coin/medal that there would be no picture. But, almost impossible to
i.d. without a pic. Give us a look-see, and we'll do our best. :thumbsup:

thanks so much ace villa-v you decribed that coin to a tee, i thought it looked like a man with a sword, and i checked it again and it is roman firmness, thanks a million that coin has been driving me nuts fo over ten years. i just happened to think this morning, hey ive thousand of brains i can pick on here thanks again you made my day. and thanks to all for being out there and enjoying this great hobby. unclevinn

Always good to get a positive ID on somthing, aint it Vinn? Sounds like a neat find. If ya dont mind my asking an old cellar hole or house find?

Hard_times_token.jpg

C-09289IMG00002.jpg

No problem amigo ;D This site is a great resource for all thing treasure and treasure related. It feels good to give a little back. Great find!!!!!!!

AceVilla-v

ace villa -v i just wrote you along e-mail but it said an error occurred. i just told you that most tourist goes to acadia national park and mainly stick to the coast. i have a silver coin i found the front has a shield with an eagle above it and says united states of america 1945. the back has a lady with a hammer in her right hand striking an anvil, and her left arm is bent and her hand is on her left shoulder. and below that arm is a volcano. and the writing on the back reads twenty centavos filipinas. this coin is silver anyone have any idea what its about thanks all HH unclevinn oh yes mainer, no it came from an old park unclevinn

Your coin is from the Pillippines . I think that it is a least partialy silver . Another Nice find ;D

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 304

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back