Wooden Billy Club signed with initials: WK Any guesses?

vscience

Jun 23, 2012
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this wooden billy club that is signed on the end with initials: WK or WTK Age unknown. Edges are worn. Previous owner unknown. No blood or brain matter that I could detect. Kinda cool find. Cost: 25-cents Your comments welcome.
dscn0239.jpg DSCN0240[1].JPG

Attachments

• DSCN0239[1].JPG
    DSCN0239[1].JPG
    176.7 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Upvote 3
Not sure here either. I imagine you could get double your money from the guy on the other thread that's been having problems with pit bulls.

It is of a style common throughout the early 1900's. WK is the officer's initials, as mentioned before. Check the tip for lead (use a detector) as many were weighted for extra effect. A nice police collectible but check your state's law related to possession o nightsticks by civilians. Sub 8-)

WTK William The Kid. aka Billy The Kid. Just going by his formal names to throw the authorities off the track

I have one around here somewhere in a drawer that IIRC looks just like that.
Marvin

Found this wooden billy club that is signed on the end with initials: WK or WTK Age unknown. Edges are worn. Previous owner unknown. No blood or brain matter that I could detect. Kinda cool find. Cost: 25-cents Your comments welcome.
View attachment 1264941 View attachment 1264940

Kaplan, William Mr. Friday, 86, of Tampa, died Friday (June 29, 2007) (Retired Tampa Police)
William F. 'Bill' Keefe Dracut, MA Naples, FL 1929-2014 William F. 'Bill' Keefe, 84, of Dracut, MA and Naples, FL, died 2014 (Retire Lowell PD)
William J. "Bill" Kennah, 76, of Reed Canal Road, a retired Miami police officer Died 2005
KLIM William J. Klim, 80, of Jacksonville, Florida, passed away May 12, 2003 - Retired DC PD
William D. "Red" Knowles, 75, of St. Augustine, passed away Nov. 7, 2007 - He retired from the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office after 32 years of service as a police officer.
WILLIAM G. "Bill" KOPP 73, of Port St. Lucie, FL, passed away on Sunday, August 17, 2003 - NYPD
William H. Kuehn, 82, Bradenton, Fla., died suddenly on July 19, 2005, in Bradenton - Baltimore PD
William C. Kuelbs, Sept. 28, 2012, 68 years old, St. Augustine, FL. - retired Chicago Police Detective -

Interesting list of passed cops above. I'm in southwest Florida so anyone on that list is a possibility.
The bottom edge is worn all the way around 360, so it might have been dragged across metal slats to rattle the inmates.
If this billy club could talk, the stories would be endless!

Last edited:
MAN THATS ONE HELLUVA HEAD KNOCKER ...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back