Apr 4, 2009
Hardyville, KY
Detector(s) used
garrett A.T. gold

Other detectors: fisher F2/ Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wooded area Need Help...

Hey all. I went behind my house today for a bit to a place where I seen a lot of broken glass and bottles. I took pictures of some of the bottles. please let me know if I am wasting my time or if any of the bottles are worth anything.. thank you so much for your help!!

Attachments

• Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 265
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 264
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 255
  • Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 278
  • Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 263
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 255
  • Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 261
Re: Wooded area Need Help...

check for change in glove box and seat areas-- very carefully of course -- that old vw bug might have a few coins with silver in them --1964 was when silver was yanked. -- dime ,quarters and halves were 90% silver -- then 65 to 70 halves only were 40%

of the har / bottles the first 4 look common --the canning jar,the ----the last one might be something "intersting"

If your house is old, lets say 1880's or earlier, you might have a decent little dump back there. Sometimes, newer stuff like what you are showing is on top of or very close to the older dump. Look for mounds, or depressions in the ground. Use a detector to find concentrations of iron junk. Finding the old original dump can be very easy, or very tough. I am still looking for the old dump behind an 1840's house, but no luck after many attempts. It's there, but I cant find it.

Common or not, those are some cool looking bottles. :icon_thumleft:

Mainer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back