Woodchips for lunch:]

gregl01

Apr 19, 2005
land of the free-taxed to death
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Nokta Fors CoRe
Hi all, had about 20 minutes to spare during my lunch hour and decided to hit those woodchips!!!
Nice playground on a quiet sidestreet yielded 2Q, 1D, 2N, and 16mem pennies!!! Some were laying on top of the mulch ;D
It couldn't get much easier. I'll hit this park again since I only covered maybe 1/4 of the area. I don't think anyone looks at this place but I sure will!!!! No pictures- we all know what pocket change looks like!!!
HH
Greg

Upvote 0
Good deal!

HH

Tho's playgrounds can be easy huntin sometimes,I look for the spots kids like to set around on the ground at this school playground alot and have found new droped coins alot.Lots of qt;s two at a time alot of times.I give my boy a dollar all the time for a 50 cent snack and he always seems to lose the other 50cents.HH

you would think that those woodchip areas would be hunted out but i find a ton of clad in almost every single one i hunt! one thing i did notice that drives me bannanas.....there always seems to be these small mangled up pieces of metal in the chips that read as dimes. in fact ive found two actual dimes that were mangled like this in two different playgrounds. the only thing i can figure is that someone must be tossing them into the woodchipper for fun. do you guys find them in your hunts as well or is it just around here. it really drives you nuts cause you cant discrim them out or else you will miss the dimes.

Hi all, I went back again today for about 20 min again and got 19 more coins from the woodchips!!! 15P,3D,1N and a couple whatsits. Cannot believe I found 40 coins now in as many minutres at this place!!! ;D ;D
HH All
Greg

I think people lose coins and jewelry more than anything. Nice finds, you should yield some fine jewelry at that site, dig those pull tabs.

HH!!

Attachments

• dig.jpg
    dig.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 238
  • happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 171
  • dig.jpg
    dig.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 173
  • happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 173
Been doing a woodchip research hunt all over my area this last week. It's the easiest hunt when its sprinkling or wet outside.
Just think of all those people pushing kids on swing sets and losing their rings!!! It's not uncommon to find jewelry and coins every two weeks or so at wood chip and gravel playgrounds. Hit X amount of parks every week and see!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back