Sticks

May 22, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Dredge, M-7 wave table, Prospector Highbanker MD20
J.O.G Trommel
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
140607_003.jpg140607_004.jpg140607_005.jpg this thing rocks, will be in my dredge camp this year. I built it a lil too heavy but oh well. I hook it to 55 gal drum 12v pump. Lots of hot for very little wood. Rob

OMG convalutions ain't no solution as ALL FIRES BANNED EVERYWHERE SO GET A MASSIVE FINE. Waste a time man as all ya need is a 35 gallon plastic barrel blue or black and 100+ hot showers are free man FREE-John

Attachments

• 04-15-2012 02;32;26PM.JPG
    04-15-2012 02;32;26PM.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 232
Last edited:
Hoser John;40413me man as all ya need is a 35 gallon plastic barrel blue or black and 100+ hot showers are free man FREE-John[/QUOTE said:
I must have forgot to mention that if I keep Momma happy the trips last longer. We only lose right to fire about 1 month every yr. Pretty wet here.Besides nervous energy caused this build I hate the down time waiting for season to start. F##rs shouldn't be able to dictate season.

quick update, Wife almost got scalded on that when the hose to the shower head blew, I failed to see the kink in hose and steam built up could have been tragic. So this think is in the barn now for filling kiddie pools. I up graded to a triton 10L propane hot water heater on demand and it is awesome! Just got back from a month on the claim and both had showers every day. Way lighter too. Thanks to all who took the time to read this.

quick update, Wife almost got scalded on that when the hose to the shower head blew, I failed to see the kink in hose and steam built up could have been tragic. So this think is in the barn now for filling kiddie pools. I up graded to a triton 10L propane hot water heater on demand and it is awesome! Just got back from a month on the claim and both had showers every day. Way lighter too. Thanks to all who took the time to read this.

30 days on the claim! Come on man you can't leave us hangin like that, we need some vicarious living thru stories and pictures, lol!

Pics of the new setup?

Also, glad that she didn't get scalded.

Ok you wanted to know how 30 days went on claim. Bigfoot is real, didn't see it but bad azz dog was totally punked wouldn't leave camp with me at all. Partner was a no show and boulders are huge. Found nice wire gold in straight pieces though with an absence of black sand. Still scratching my head on that one. I was digging right next to the canyon wall and wonder now if it was moving down the hill rather than down the creek. I plan on next trip to sample the wall about every 50 feet going up the creek for a couple hundred yards. Found a body (maybe) while looking for firewood. Called Sheriff and they came out took a look at it and sent me back to camp. They left and came back couple hours later with Explorer Scouts and Coroner and a S load of cops. Never told me what they found. I know that I am screwing myself telling you this as everyone in my district will know who I am now but there it is. I plan on next trip (soon) to get the Sierra Blaster set up and drag my heavy highbanker up there and work till the snow runs me out. I share that claim with my Wife and another owner and if I can get his permission I am going to bring on a new work partner. Prefferably a Vet. Our Vets put it all on the line for us, this is the least that I could do for them. I would love to eventually get someone to help me put in zip lines to get dissabled Vets up in that canyon and let them have a blast. Even if it just took their minds off things for a day, and something to look forward to every month. I'm keeping my eye out for an ADA portapotty and a van for transport. Pretty sure that the local club or someone may help with logistics. Thanks to all who read this. And THANK YOU OATH KEEPERS I appreciate all the freedoms I have. More to follow....
Forgot to mention that I never made it to bedrock, only about 3ft down into 6-10ft overburdon. Match heads common among wires. Also out in the creek lots of black sand. I was in pretty sticky clay. Rope winch is a must have, they are awesome with blocks. Completely boulder bound though. Sierra Blaster is going to be the only way to punch into that spot.

Last edited:
Pics of the new setup?

Also, glad that she didn't get scalded.

Some one months ago told me how to post pics, I have forgot how so if you know how please clue me in. would like to post a short vid of highbanker I made last winter.

Here ya go, follow these steps. :)
If you want to upload a video, click on the Reel icon to the right of the image icon.

Uploading photo 1.jpg

Uploading image 2.jpg

Uploading image 3.jpg

Uploading image 4.jpg

Uploading image 5.jpg

Uploading image 6.jpg

Uploading image 7.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4685.jpg
    IMG_4685.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Thanks Neo, nice collection and clean too what a chore that must have been lol, what do you use for a clean up system? I have an m-7 wave table and even that leaves me with black sand. Those look mostly like pickers would love to see your fines. Great Job! Is that all Klamath River AU?

Fines? FINES?! I aint Got no Stinkin FINES!

I underwater snipe, most of the fines go along with the overburden I move out of the way. :)
My recovery system for fines is my ex-wife coming along behind me and doing a very good and meticulous job of going through my tailings. She always pics up quite a bit that I leave behind.
Yeah, still friends with my ex-wife, I am only 32 and life is too short to hold grudges. :)

That gold was a small portion from my first season (I am in my 3rd season now) and sadly, its all long gone. :(

I have been sluicing more though which gives ya a lot of black sands, I keep the black sand and pan down by hand as much as I can.
Depending on how my season goes next year I may build a miller table.

I have not had a chance to try the Klamath River yet, those were all from a secret honey hole on a mild mannered creek in western Shasta county. :)

Great finds NT

Maybe one day we can dig alongside eachother, or snipe and get some Huge nuggs

I'm always up for that. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back