RockyDig

May 9, 2005
Winchester, VA
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, GPX4500, AT Pro, F75 LTD, DFX, MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Not a bad couple of hours hunting.

The top 3 bullets are 2 3-ringers and a round ball, the one on the left has a teat in the cavity.
The next 2 fired bullets are Enfields, the one on the left had the rosewood still in the cavity. After removing the rosewood, it did have a '57' in the base which made sense because I found a dropped Enfield '57' with Rosewood in the cavity on the next hill.
The next 3 are more 3-ringers.
The next bullets are a Sharps flat base and 2 Gardners, one dropped and the other ruined someone's day.
The last one is a pistol bullet, fired, possibly from a Colt.
All the junk on the right was in the same area, could be CW era or just farming stuff since then. Gotta get it out of the ground too.

Keep on Digging!!

Attachments

• relics62706.jpg
    relics62706.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 399
  • teat.jpg
    teat.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 520
Upvote 0
I lived in Winchester for a few years but didn't have the "bug" at the time. Had a neighbor that found bullets on top of the ground quite often...too bad I didn't get it at the time!

Awesome finds!!!!!!

Jamie

Awesome find's RD...Used to live in the Bunker Hill area as of last year,in Harper's Ferry right now.Give me a shout and maybe we can hook up.Have access to some land at Antietam.Again nice find's...HH!!

Where in Harper's Ferry? Anywhere near Maryland Heights? I've seen a lot of nice relics from Harpers Ferry.

And I'll hit Antietam anytime you want!!! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back