Why do I keep finding these pieces of lead ?

keossvin

Mar 2, 2016
Oss
Detector(s) used
garret ace 250, garret ace 300I
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Anyone a idea why I keep finding these pieces of lead ??

They always have a weird texture and pretty big please help me out here..

I live in the Netherlands and the forrest I'm hunting in has not produced any old stuff.. Some coins from the 60's and other random items but these lead pieces keep coming up..
cb3f53397adb31bde81d2fdc6a7e92f2.jpg
f49b4d13ee9e107ef8c85581f475d038.jpg
da0e6a470cfdde6b27c6e8dfd38b5393.jpg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Each piece is a clue. They were made to be just like you see it. It the work of the Jesuit.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
My first thought was plumbing lead. Then I read where you are from and where you are searching. Besides plumbing with cast iron pipe, I'm at a loss. Before ball bearings, the bearings for horse drawn equipment were babbit, which melts like lead, but is harder. If you can scratch the lead with your finger nail, it's pure lead, if it's to hard to scratch that way, it's probably babbit. That's about all I can come up with.

Upvote 0
My first thought was plumbing lead. Then I read where you are from and where you are searching. Besides plumbing with cast iron pipe, I'm at a loss. Before ball bearings, the bearings for horse drawn equipment were babbit, which melts like lead, but is harder. If you can scratch the lead with your finger nail, it's pure lead, if it's to hard to scratch that way, it's probably babbit. That's about all I can come up with.

thanks for your reacting, just simple scratching doesnt work good.. I can 'cut' it with my nail. but the weird part these 2 pieces on my post have roundings and things like that.
sorry for my grammar and or spelling ! english isnt my mother tongue.

Upvote 0
Could someone have been pouring their own bullets? Making lead fishing sinkers?

Upvote 0
From 60s? In the forest? They look like fire nuggets from melted pieces of beer cans tossed in large campfires. You may be surprised how heavy melted aluminum will feel. Its a very common find. We even have a fire nugget club here at TN and they like to debate the issue and show off their finds.. They talk about what treasures they may have been before they were melted. :laughing7:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Were there any battles from WW1 or WW2 in that area. Artillery or mortar rounds exploded?

Not that I know off and I haven't found any ww related relics. I do know there has been activity since at least 1929.

I almost always find them on a dirt path so not in the middle of the forrest..

Upvote 0
Could you show the other sides of all the pieces please.

Upvote 0
Could you show the other sides of all the pieces please.

I'm not at home right now so I'll do it later, but as you can see in the second picture ot has a weird texture like it has dried up in the ground or something like that.

Will send more pictures in a couple of hours

Upvote 0
Yes they solidify in the dirt from campfires. Are you sure they are lead?

Upvote 0
Maybe an old house burned down there and that is the lead roof flashing and boots that melted?

Upvote 0
Maybe an old house burned down there and that is the lead roof flashing and boots that melted?
Its a pretty dense and old forrest (big trees) and these pieces where found on a pathroad..

Upvote 0
Aluminum fire nuggets appear heavy. However it could be melted lead flashing, toy soldiers, solder, babbit or someone making bullets or sinkers. Myself I dont think any more photos are necessary. Toss them in the scrap bucket for recycling.

Upvote 0
Those pieces were put there. How far apart were they from each other.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back