Who is the bullet expert?

Lance15t

Dec 26, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Small, seems to be a pistol bullet...just dont know from what.

IMG_2629.jpeg

The Experts will want diameter measurements in 100th's of an inch preferably from digital calipers. It does look to be Civil War era.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Your T-Net Profile page doesn't tell your location, but in one of your posts you said you are digging in Germany. That gives me some certainty that your bullet's correct identity is a Hanovarian pattern of German/Austrian bullet, made for use in blackpowder pistols and rifle-muskets.

As Tedyoh indicated, we need measurements in 1/100th-of-an-inch (or fractions of a millimeter) to ID your Hanovarian bullet's caliber.

Upvote 0
Almost definitely a bullet. I'm not an expert on old bullets though... I'm just an expert in .308 and .45 haha

Upvote 0
Your T-Net Profile page doesn't tell your location, but in one of your posts you said you are digging in Germany. That gives me some certainty that your bullet's correct identity is a Hanovarian pattern of German/Austrian bullet, made for use in blackpowder pistols and rifle-muskets.

As Tedyoh indicated, we need measurements in 1/100th-of-an-inch (or fractions of a millimeter) to ID your Hanovarian bullet's caliber.
He is!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back