Who and What...Bottle

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
I have posted this bottle in the bottle forum as well as todays finds( several weeks ago). Just thought it might get more eyeballs and opinions here. The usual questions, Who, What, When, Where...and How much? Found in a 3 foot pit/privy dig. I have searched high and low and have pretty much come up empty. Most think its a Bitters. Please help me out here before I go crazy :tongue3: Thanks. jgas

Attachments

• Russak 1.JPG
    Russak 1.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 266
  • Russak 2.JPG
    Russak 2.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 265
  • Russak 3.JPG
    Russak 3.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 260
  • Russak 4.JPG
    Russak 4.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 248
  • Russak 5.JPG
    Russak 5.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 254
  • Russak 3.JPG
    Russak 3.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 256
  • Russak 2.JPG
    Russak 2.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 253
  • Russak 1.JPG
    Russak 1.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 261
  • Russak 4.JPG
    Russak 4.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 248
  • Russak 5.JPG
    Russak 5.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 260
Cant tell ya, but visions of a guy with a big top hat and a wagon selling his snake oil cure all come to mind!! :laughing7: :icon_pirat:

Upvote 0
if im right(probobly not)By the mold seams on the side it looks to be about 1860-1880. But you probobly already knew that :laughing7:

Upvote 0
Yep, thanks guys. I did see the one in Australia. Still searching for concrete evidence as to who this guy is or what he had in it. One source has it from Kosten Germany as a Bitters. What do ya think about getting in the hands of an Auction House to sell it? Good or bad idea? Thanks for all the replies. jgas

Upvote 0
jgas said:
Yep, thanks guys. I did see the one in Australia. Still searching for concrete evidence as to who this guy is or what he had in it. One source has it from Kosten Germany as a Bitters. What do ya think about getting in the hands of an Auction House to sell it? Good or bad idea? Thanks for all the replies. jgas
Heres a page from the Official Gazette of the US Patent Office , Vol. 164.
This patent is 1908 but claims use since 1890.

Attachments

• patent bitters.jpg
    patent bitters.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 143
Upvote 0
Big Cypress and Lucas thanks alot. I was just searching that area and found just about the same info. I think it confims the fact that this is a bottle from that place and that guy. Wonder why he used The Firm of J. Russak instead of Alfred?? Maybe his Father :icon_scratch: He applied for Trademarks in 1911 I guess. Must not have made too many of these bottles. :dontknow: Ok, the search goes on.....jgas

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back